Telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Telephone assessment

Options
Lolalexus
Lolalexus Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi my original assessment was cancelled and my new telephone assessment is while I am on holiday. Does this matter as it’s a telephone assessment? Thx 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,640 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Providing you're not going out of the country for your holiday then it won't be a problem.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lolalexus
    Options
    I’m going to Spain to my neice wedding 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then you will need to cancel the appointment and rebook it for another time, assuming you haven’t previously cancelled an appointment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • flour
    flour Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    edited May 2023
    Options
    If you can't re - arrange, it may be possible for you to still accept the call from abroad and do the telephone assessment from a quiet space such as a hotel room etc?

If its a landline at home they are going to call you may need to redirect it to a mobile - which may be expensive but you purchase some international minutes in advance.
    Remember that people come on to this forum who may be in a vulnerable state and kindness goes a long way. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • Lolalexus
    Options
    Thank you. My mum lives out there so I will b in her house thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Can I please just check if it’s New style ESA or Universal Credit you’re claiming? 
  • Lolalexus
    Options
    Hi everyone my telephone assessment was due today bet 9am and 1pm. They called last night and said they were changing it to bet 1pm and 4pm. They then called this am and said they have staffing issues and they had to cancel. This is the second time they have cancelled.  Is this normal? Im getting quite stressed and anxious with all this. Thanks 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Lolalexus Unfortunately staffing issues can occur, just like in many other workplaces. You will be contacted with what's next available in due course. 

• Lolalexus
    Options
    Hi my second assessment on 17 May was also cancelled and I have heard nothing since ?  Is this normal? Thx 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Unfortunately, staff being off sick does happen because they can't get replacements to do the planned assessments so they are then cancelled. Once another appointment becomes available you will be contacted.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.