Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

DLA Renewal - advice needed!

Options
ennazus43
ennazus43 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hi everyone 
In the process of applying to renew DLA for my daughter. Got good supporting evidence from professionals but need a reminder on how to complete the form. I know not to just tick the boxes but also to give a written description of the additional help she needs.

I seem to recall last time I was told to give two practical examples per bodily function of how her needs vary from the 'average ' child of her age. Is this still correct? Do I need to elaborate and give examples of how she's been banned from local shops for her meltdowns?
Anything else I should remember when completing the form?

Also, recently removed her from school to Home Educate as they couldn't cope with her. Still have IEPs from Jan of this year I can send, but what do I put in the bit about if she needs help in school? Don't want to say no as she needed help with pretty much everything, but as she's not in school anymore I'm not sure what to put. I could just treat 'school' as home education and describe all the support she's given through it.

All advice welcome, TIA 😊

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.