Covid question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Covid question

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,627 Pioneering
edited May 2023 in Coffee lounge
[Moderator note: the following discussion contains unverified claims regarding COVID-19 vaccines. Please refer to official government/NHS information on COVID-19 vaccines.]

How many UK residents have avoided Covid completely over the last 3 years?
I can't find the stats online
As far as I know - I have not had the virus 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There won't be any precise stats.  Not everyone reported getting Covid.  Many people had Covid without any major symptoms. Others will just have assumed they had a cold or flu and never had a test.

I have also avoided it so far as far as I know (but we're not out of the woods yet!).  Though I live quite an isolated life, and have many OCD cleaning rituals, so would be much less likely to get it than most people.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,931 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have also not (knowingly) had the virus; but I also have OCD and avoidance/cleaning compulsions.

I live in the family home and everyone else in the family has had the virus, some more than once, so I think I did quite well and it perhaps shows the importance of basic hygiene rituals though a study of one doesn't really mean anything!
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wonder how they could ever accurately get stats on it. My sister works in a care home and had it many times and only knew because of testing positive (they had mandatory twice-weekly tests), she didn't get symptoms at all, same as some of the people she cares for. And others who work there or live there caught it at the same time, so likely the same strain, and were very symptomatic. 

I lead a very isolated life and also have OCD. I stopped buying fresh food during the initial outbreak so when it was delivered I could clean every packet and then leave it for 10 days before using it and still somehow caught Covid multiple times. 

The first time I had symptoms of a bad cold, after that, one time I just had a headache for a few days and tested positive, and a couple of times I've had no symptoms at all.

If someone isn't symptomatic, it's highly unlikely they would think to or regularly test, so there's no real way to know if someone has had it or not. 

I only know because I test regularly, in fact it's sadly become a bit of obsession :neutral:  
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,072 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I caught it once I was expected to die as I have bad lungs. But I'm still here lol, wasn't as bad as I was to understand it would be, even the drs were like you ought to get vaccination. But back to the question, I agree you wont find accurate info on that.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It would be interesting to see! Like so many have said, I wonder how many people had covid and were asymptomatic. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    There won't be any precise stats.  Not everyone reported getting Covid.  Many people had Covid without any major symptoms. Others will just have assumed they had a cold or flu and never had a test.

I have also avoided it so far as far as I know (but we're not out of the woods yet!).  Though I live quite an isolated life, and have many OCD cleaning rituals, so would be much less likely to get it than most people.
    At the end of November 2019 I was quite ill; dry, rasping cough that went into December, a very strange headache, diarrhea and a temperature.  I can`t remember if I`d lost my taste or sense of smell becuase if I had,  I would have put it down to the "cold".  My neighbour, and other people I work with, all said they were very ill at the same time.  Was it Covid?  I`d put my money on it, but Covid wasn`t "in the spotlight" then, so I`ll never know.........

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,892 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’ve never knowingly had Covid and same for my daughter that I live with. 
    My other daughter had it a few times but we don’t live together. 
    The last time she had it isolating had ended and her employer told her she had to go to work. She was a little under the weather the first time but the other times she was fine. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 764 Pioneering
    Options
    My daughter has had Covid twice, my wife caught it from her and ... my son ... one test said positive another said negative so we're still not sure.  Just sure he's strange

Despite us all staying in the same house and me sleeping in the same bed as my wife, every test was negative for me.

I still maintain Covid took one look at me and thought I've got enough problems ... 
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    I never had a Covid yet and yes I assumed that Covid was already in the air in November 2019 as my son was very ill like other children from school. Dr said to me that child can feel unwell for about 6 weeks. He siad it is virus but didn't said which one. Remember that virus cannot survive in the air on its own at all. It was be passed from person to person by droplets. So it was already in the air but the outbreak happened later at the beggining of 2020 and please remember UK was one of the last countries to announce lockdown. In my country of origin (Poland) lockdown took place 3 weeks earlier than here in UK.

• Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    edited May 2023
    Options
    tomm said:
     I see many have fallen for the state propaganda and FEAR campaign Asymptomatic  spread was the biggest lie  Remember them telling people to ACT like you have got it,? The RT PCR tool  is NOT a diagnostic test and nor was it ever Scientifically Validated, Making the results unreliable at best , Because the lack of any control group studies meant they had no clue what the false positive rate was , at  the various CT rates used ,IMO Virology is a complete FRAUD

IMO there wasn't any Pandemic , only a CASE demic  Anyhow the WHO has declared the health emergency is over

<sigh> another conspiracy theorist. 
    Two of my sisters are in the medical world, one NHS and one in the Canadian equivalent.  They were both at the front of the virus fight, the same fight that you mock with your ignorant opinions, and saw many people die;   those dead were a mixture of patients and friends.  I saw how they looked during that period; they looked dreadful from over work and worry about would it be them next.
    [Content removed by moderator]
  • Wibbles
    edited May 2023
    Options
    tomm said:
     I see many have fallen for the state propaganda and FEAR campaign Asymptomatic  spread was the biggest lie  Remember them telling people to ACT like you have got it,? The RT PCR tool  is NOT a diagnostic test and nor was it ever Scientifically Validated, Making the results unreliable at best , Because the lack of any control group studies meant they had no clue what the false positive rate was , at  the various CT rates used ,IMO Virology is a complete FRAUD

IMO there wasn't any Pandemic , only a CASE demic  Anyhow the WHO has declared the health emergency is over

You are insane if you believed that covid pandemic is a myth 
    How many people did you know who died?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,777 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We both had it in Jan '22 nothing more than a bad cold really but the 4 weeks after we were really quite ill.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Wibbles
    Options
    tomm said:
    Wibbles said:
    tomm said:

NOT 1, But i know several who have died following being injected

how do you know that they died as a dircet result of the jab though ?
  • Wibbles
    Options
    tomm said:
    Wibbles said:
    tomm said:
    Wibbles said:
    tomm said:

The same question could be asked about  those said to have died From COVID, as we know the Died  WITH  was a scam to boost the figures  as someone fell off a ladder  but because he tested positive  with a NON-validated  and non-diagnostic test  it was definitely the CONvid Even though NO post-mortem  was carried out
     The same is happening with those who took the jabs and died within  weeks or months,  even sometimes days  of having them  Have you heard of the MHRA yellow card reporting scheme for reporting adverse reactions and deaths ?

I give up
    If you want to risk not having a covid jab, then that's up to you - You can only hurt yourself
    But if you try to talk others out of having them because you claim to have lost friends directly through having a jab - then you are clearly a sick person talking mumbo-jumbo !
  • Wibbles
    edited May 2023
    Options
    tomm said:
    Wibbles said:
    tomm said:
    Wibbles said:
    tomm said:
    Wibbles said:
    tomm said:

The same question could be asked about  those said to have died From COVID, as we know the Died  WITH  was a scam to boost the figures  as someone fell off a ladder  but because he tested positive  with a NON-validated  and non-diagnostic test  it was definitely the CONvid Even though NO post-mortem  was carried out
     The same is happening with those who took the jabs and died within  weeks or months,  even sometimes days  of having them  Have you heard of the MHRA yellow card reporting scheme for reporting adverse reactions and deaths ?

I give up
    If you want to risk not having a covid jab, then that's up to you - You can only hurt yourself
    But if you try to talk others out of having them because you claim to have lost friends directly through having a jab - then you are clearly a sick person talking mumbo-jumbo !

THERE IS NO WAY i'll ever consider taking any mRNA injection, That has EUA only, and the Pharma Companies  have LIABILITY INDEMNITY Courtesy of the GOVT I don't care if others want to take the injections ,without being able to give their Informed consent, that is their choice , And  those like me and they are many  who won't  have these injections  which is our choice NOT yours or the govts

OK it is up to you but do you know what percentage of the population of UK refused a jab on various grounds ?
    3% - that's hardly "many" is it ?
    One more question - do you believe that aliens have swapped Trump for "one of them" ?
  • Wibbles
    Options
    So now ONS are lying are they ?

"We have been collecting attitudes towards the COVID-19 vaccine, as part of the Opinions and Lifestyle Survey. We publish estimates on the number of adults who have refused / declined the vaccine, based on a sample of adults in Great Britain. Due to the small percentage of the population who say they have refused the vaccine, these estimates come with a degree of uncertainty.During the period 23 June to 18 July 2021, we found that 3% of adults in Great Britain said they had been offered the Covid-19 vaccine but declined the vaccine."

Some people just can't be helped !

• Wibbles
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Looks like close to average 97% vaccinated (3% unvaccinated) to me !!
    I am guessing that Tomm lives near the bottom of the deprived area level - and most probably a youngster - and also never wore a facemask (even at the height of the pandemic) ?

The JCVI says a fourth Covid jab is not yet needed because data shows, three months after a booster shot, people aged 65 and over still have about 90% protection against hospitalisation.

Compared to what level of protection against hospitalisation for the non-believers / non vaccinated ?

"People who had received at least a third dose, or booster, of a COVID-19 vaccine have been less likely to die from COVID-19 since September 2021 compared with people who are unvaccinated."

• Wibbles
    Options
    tomm said:
    Wibbles said:
    I am guessing that Tomm lives near the bottom of the deprived area level - and most probably a youngster - and also never wore a facemask (even at the height of the pandemic) ?

The JCVI says a fourth Covid jab is not yet needed because data shows, three months after a booster shot, people aged 65 and over still have about 90% protection against hospitalisation.

Compared to what level of protection against hospitalisation for the non-believers / non vaccinated ?

"People who had received at least a third dose, or booster, of a COVID-19 vaccine have been less likely to die from COVID-19 since September 2021 compared with people who are unvaccinated."

It's 2023  And that in fo is old and out of date there is more upto date info that shows No one getting the boosters  And I can assure YOU The JVCI or who ever they wan t to call their selves are putting out duff info Its called PROPAGANDA    done to make those un jabbed feel isolated, IT DOESN'T WORK on us, Because we don't trust whatever they say anymore

Really
    Proof?
  • Wibbles
    edited May 2023
    Options
    tomm said:
    Wibbles said:

It's 2023  And that in fo is old and out of date there is more upto date info that shows No one getting the boosters  And I can assure YOU The JVCI or who ever they wan t to call their selves are putting out duff info Its called PROPAGANDA    done to make those un jabbed feel isolated, IT DOESN'T WORK on us, Because we don't trust whatever they say anymore

You are wrong, extremely vulnerable people are getting covid booster jabs now 
    People like you with your incorrect dangerous info should be silent.
    Did you wear a facemask at the height of the pandemic and do you follow the rules now (my surgery requests that people still wear masks)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,089 Scope online community team
    edited May 2023
    Options

Note from online community team:

We have reviewed this discussion and in the interest of debate, we will allow it to remain open for now. However, if it is to continue then discussion will remain civil and any arguments made must be supported by evidence or it must be made clear that it is your own personal opinion so as not to mislead or misinform others. If this is not followed, the discussion may be closed and further action may be taken against individual members.

Note: we have added a disclaimer to this discussion that states this discussion contains unverified claims around covid-19 vaccines.

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.