Hints and ideas for getting comfortable in bed after knee replacement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hints and ideas for getting comfortable in bed after knee replacement

Options
caroline72
caroline72 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2023 in Coffee lounge
Hi everyone.  I had a total knee replacement last week so today is day 6.  I can manage ok but have great difficulty at night.  My pain meds last 3 hours at most so a couple of hours after going to bed, I wake up.  I might drift off for another hour but after that I am awake, in pain and cannot get comfortable.  Hints and ideas for how to get comfortable in bed and to sleep longer needed.  Do I need stronger mens at night or sleeping pills?

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,029 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @caroline72 and welcome to the forum. 
    Sounds painful with you knee and nothing worse then pain keeping you awake. I would speak with the gp about pain relief, maybe you need something stronger
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@caroline72
    Hi and welcome oh I can totally sympathise with you, I had a knee replacement last June, awaiting other one now.

The pain was always worse at night I had to get my meds put up, I was on morphine but had to take extra. I also got sleeping tablets for about 2 weeks. The Pain eased after about 5-6 weeks, but everybody’s different so hopefully your pain eases faster.

I know it can be uncomfortable doing the exercises but trying push to do them as they really help.
    Good luck with everything.

Take care ❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.