Pip review post — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review post

Options
gazza1209
gazza1209 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Afternoon 
I sent my  review papers last week signed for they should have received them by now but post is still saying not yet delivered getting worried as they have to be back tomorrow is it normal for them just not to sign it and it is there or it still in post and if they arrive late will my pip stop instantly

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Signed for delivery doesn’t mean anything at all. Even when they are signed for it will be by someone from Royal Mail and not from DWP itself. They are usually signed for in bulk. 
    It’s not classed as arriving until it’s been added to the computer which can take a couple of weeks. 
    If you’re concerned and you haven’t already asked for an extension to return them you can ring to ask for this. This will then give you a little extra time for them ti receive it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gazza1209
    Options
    Thanks for the reply will get my wife to phone them today or tomorrow 
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    ChrisSCOPEhtfc94 Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    Options
    I haven’t been calm since my review form and a care plan were sent back on Wednesday 3 May, it’s driving me crazy waiting for them to class it as received. I want a text message to say it’s been received and it’s taking too long for my liking. We did get an extension granted from 14 May to 28 May but it’s still driving me potty waiting for them to class it as received. They just don’t rush, it’s like they leave stuff in piles and not care what panic they’re causing to the claimant with the long wait.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited May 2023
    Options
    The DWP are the people who have no compassion or thought for claimants, they know what they’re doing with their procedures. I get annoyed that I have to tell them things they already know about me in a review because I haven’t changed as a person. You cannot just wave a magic wand in my direction and just like that, my autism is gone.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited May 2023
    Options
    gazza1209 said:
    Thanks for the reply will get my wife to phone them today or tomorrow 
    While you’re at it you should tell them to get a move on and classify your stuff as received. Absolutely hate it that it takes too long for them to classify documents as received and they’re the type of people that threaten to money away from us claimants. 
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    Signed for delivery doesn’t mean anything at all. Even when they are signed for it will be by someone from Royal Mail and not from DWP itself. They are usually signed for in bulk. 
    It’s not classed as arriving until it’s been added to the computer which can take a couple of weeks. 
    If you’re concerned and you haven’t already asked for an extension to return them you can ring to ask for this. This will then give you a little extra time for them ti receive it. 
    Wish it didn’t take “a couple of weeks”, I don’t have the patience to get through that amount of time. If only they got a move on and marked things as received at their end. I can’t settle right now - my stuff was sent back 3rd May. It should be somewhere in a pile. #hurryupDWP, you know how to bring stress to folk
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's not unusal to have to wait quite a few weeks for the text saying they've received it and even then they don't always send a text. For my last review in 2021 i didn't receive any text at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    It's not unusal to have to wait quite a few weeks for the text saying they've received it and even
    then they don't always send a text. For my last review in 2021 i didn't receive any text at all.
    that would be poor, we’re not mind readers, people shouldn’t be having to ring up the enquiry line to ask if they’ve received it, I don’t know how anybody could settle not knowing for sure they’ve received stuff back when they give deadlines and threaten to take money away. Mean, mean people.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited May 2023
    Options
    It's not unusal to have to wait quite a few weeks for the text saying they've received it and even then they don't always send a text. For my last review in 2021 i didn't receive any text at all.
    New deadline for me is 28 May, the old deadline was 14 May, so there’s still quite a bit of time left to get the message but I just want to know they have my stuff back. I don’t want to have to have to ask for another extension due to their incompetence with not marking stuff as received in a hurry. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you're concerned then you can ring them. Unfortunately, there's nothing anyone can do.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited May 2023
    Options
    If you're concerned then you can ring them. Unfortunately, there's nothing anyone can do.
    What they can do, like with anybody’s paperwork, is just get the job done and mark it as delivered. They’re the lowest of the low - part of this government that I have to feel have so little consideration for disabled people. They think we don’t contribute to society and we shouldn’t be treated like this.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,641 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What they can do, like with anybody’s paperwork, is just get the job done and mark it as delivered. 
    They get thousands of envelopes to sort through every week.  We'd all like them to be scanned into the system quickly but the practical reality is that it takes a lot of time to do that.

Personally, I think they should be allowing it to be done online (for those with online access), then it would be electronically updated immediately.  I don't know why they're still insisting on wasting so much paper and creating postal emissions with the use of physical forms in this day and age.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited May 2023
    Options
    What they can do, like with anybody’s paperwork, is just get the job done and mark it as delivered. 
    They get thousands of envelopes to sort through every week.  We'd all like them to be scanned into the system quickly but the practical reality is that it takes a lot of time to do that.

Personally, I think they should be allowing it to be done online (for those with online access), then it would be electronically updated immediately.  I don't know why they're still insisting on wasting so much paper and creating postal emissions with the use of physical forms in this day and age.
    You know what, you’re absolutely right - great words. Couldn’t agree more. We’re in 2023 and we’re still messing around with snail mail and paper forms. Stuff being dealt with electronically is a lot quicker. They’re not moving with the times, shame on them. They should be looking to improve how the whole process is dealt with but will they do that? Don’t think so. Wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Digital new claims started quite sometime ago for some new claimants. This doesn't apply for reviews though. If you feel that strongly about it then you can contact your local MP with your thoughts.
  • gazza1209
    Options
    So quick update can't get through on phone at c all today keep getting cut off but royal mail delivered it today got proof of signature so is that OK since they were supposed to be there today am I covered?
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited May 2023
    Options
    gazza1209 said:
    So quick update can't get through on phone at c all today keep getting cut off but royal mail delivered it today got proof of signature so is that OK since they were supposed to be there today
    am I covered?
    @poppy123456 has been saying a lot that stuff isn’t classed as received until it’s been added to the computer and that it can take a couple of weeks. It’s annoying that, they don’t help our anxiety 😥.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    gazza1209 said:
    So quick update can't get through on phone at c all today keep getting cut off but royal mail delivered it today got proof of signature so is that OK since they were supposed to be there today am I covered?

Signed for delivery doesn't mean it was delivered to DWP today. It will mean it's been signed for by someone from RM and it will be somewhere in the building of the sorting office. It's not classed as arriving with DWP until it's been added to the computer which can sometimes take a couple of weeks.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited May 2023
    Options
    gazza1209 said:
    I see  @poppy123456 has replied with what I expected to be the reply, it’ll end up sitting in a pile now like with my PIP review form until they can be bothered to get round to it, scan it and add it to the computer. That’s when it’ll be classed as delivered. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    gazza1209 said:
    I see  @poppy123456 has replied with what I expected to be the reply,
    That's because my reply was the truth. I would appreciate it if you didn't tag me because all my notifications are switched off.

As i advised in a previous comment, if you're not happy then complain to your local MP.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    gazza1209 said:
    I see  @poppy123456 has replied with what I expected to be the reply,
    That's because my reply was the truth. I would appreciate it if you didn't tag me because all my notifications are switched off.

As i advised in a previous comment, if you're not happy then complain to your local MP.
    I don’t see the problem with what I did, a tag, but okay then, I’ll try to not do tagging with your username.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.