Hi, my name is biilyboom24! I live in sheltered accommodation band e — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is biilyboom24! I live in sheltered accommodation band e

biilyboom24 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi can somebody help with my living arrangements I live in sheltered accommodation for last two year through fusion housing kirklees iam on band e because I owe rent areas I have heath issues arthritis in shoulders elbow fingers hips and knees I get pip lcwra but still can't get out of here I have ask for help with my sleep problems through fusion and help with rent areas but it seems just to falls on deft ears I have 60stone steps to desend and then climb when leaving this place some days i just Don bother because its very painful can i get any help.


  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    Hello @biilyboom24 and thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to get out and about, it doesn't sound like your living arrangements are suitable for you, especially if they're causing you pain. 

    Are you in touch with your GP about your arthritis and sleep problems, and do they know how you're finding things at the moment? 

    You may know this already, but your local authority might be able to help with a needs assessment, have you ever spoken to anyone about that?

    For support with finding more suitable accommodation, Shelter can help with housing issues, please take a look at their guidance.

    I'm sorry fusion don't seem to have been supportive, for help with rent arrears Shelter has advice, and you might want to look into Scope's page on Discretionary Housing Payment:

    If your rent comes to more than your benefit, you might be eligible to apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP). You could also apply to cover your deposit when you move.

    You can apply whether you are in social housing or have a private tenancy, but you must be getting Housing Benefit, or the housing element of Universal Credit.

    You do not need to repay a Discretionary Housing Payment.

    I hope this is useful for you, but if you feel we can do more to help, please ask, and we'll do what we can.
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 224 Pioneering
    edited May 17
    Have you had an occupational health assessment?
    If not you can self refer for one as they might be able to assist with banding, Band E would pretty much mean you will never get an offer of a property so definitely try OT.
    Although I’m not sure they would be able to help with you having rent arrears(would depend how bad it was too) but it’s worth asking 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.