Hi, my name is gillydoddy! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is gillydoddy!

gillydoddy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I've recently had an assessment by an OT, for both of my parents moving into my property, but I disagree with her decision as its not been taken into consideration that my property is small and that my mum is doubly incontinent.... but SS state that we'll just "have to manage as its our choice to move parents in "


  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    Hi there @gillydoddy and thanks for your query, I'm sorry to hear the assessment with the OT doesn't take everything into consideration for you, the NHS website has details on what to do if you disagree with the decision:

    How to complain about a needs assessment

    If you disagree with the results of your needs assessment or how it was done, you have a right to complain.

    First complain to your local council. Your council should have a formal complaints procedure on its website. It should also tell you about it at your assessment.

    If you're not happy with the way the council handles your complaint, you can take it to the local government and social care ombudsman. An ombudsman is an independent person who's been appointed to look into complaints about organisations.

    What would your ideal outcome be to help manage things?

    If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know :)
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.