If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Receptionists at work capability assessments

Options
deedee10
deedee10 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I had a work capability assessment today which I did not ask for but had the repeated threat of sanctions etc. The worst part was the receptionists, the waiting room and the extremely uncomfortable chairs. Never have I experienced such sociopathic people. When I was in my appointment my sister described how they spoke about people and it further úpset me because they are already making me jump through hoops for a condition I didn't ask for but to speak about people in such an professional and inhumane way I find scary. 

Comments

• deedee10
    Options
    *unprofessional 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,076 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately, those sort of benefits come with assessments for the majority of claimants. I don't think anyone asks for their health conditions do they?

If you have issues with the receptionists then you can make a complaint. Details how to this will be on their website. https://chdauk.co.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about this negative experience @deedee10, I'd encourage you to have a look at the complaints procedure if you're unhappy with things. 

There's so much admin to have to manage and so many hoops as you say, that applying for benefits can be really draining mentally, so negative attitudes on top don't help at all. 

Do you know when you'll find out more about your assessment?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • deedee10
    Options
    Yes another commenter added a website for me to check out, thanks for that! I am unsure when I will hear back from them. I hope other receptionists at other assessment centres are at least kind. People love to judge everyone usually based off MSM descriptions of those in receipt of social security but life is not so black and white and many of us have struggled or circumstances we would not wish on our worst enemy. Sorry I tend to go off on a tangent but it was just upsetting! Thanks for asking though :⁠-⁠)
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's okay @deedee10 it's helpful to express how we feel sometimes :) 

Let us know when you hear more, as I'd be keen to know how you get on. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.