If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Text to say awarded pip

Options
gigi77
gigi77 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
edited May 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning guys 

just a quick text if my timeline as so I’ve read so many mixed scenarios which in any circumstance doesn’t alleviate any form of worry or anxiety .

DWP recieved my forms March 29th 2023

May 10th 2023 - Telephone assessment 

May 12th 2023 - DWP text received report

May 26th 2023- DWP text not made a decision yet

May 29th 2023 - DWP text awarded pip. 

Relieved to say the least is an understatement.  Good luck to all out there waiting it really doesn’t seem to be from one extreme to the other with wait times xxx

Comments

• nasturtium
    nasturtium Community member Posts: 376 Pioneering
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hello gigi77
    Great news on your award.
    Alot of people get PIP without problems but the ones that do not get PIP first time or at tribunal are because they either do not qualify for an award or they did not understand the activities, descriptors and did not give detailed personal verbal evidence on there PIP2 Questionnaire form (how your disability affects you form).
    The key to a successfull claim is:-
    1. Understanding the 12 PIP Activities and Descriptors and what they mean
    2. Realising that you must be able to do the 12 PIP activities that apply to you Reliably (safely, repeatedly, in a timely manor and to an acceptable standard.)
    3. Give detailed and accurate personal verbal evidence on your PIP2 Questionnaire. Stick to the descriptors and include detailed real world events that have recently happened doing that activity and explaining who witnessed it (if anyone did), what was the outcome of that event.
    4. Include a statement or supporting letter from friends or family explaiing the problems you have and the help you need and why you need that help. If you canot get a supporting letter include a 7-10 day disability/mental health diary explaining the problems you have each day for the activities and descriptors that apply to you.
    The key part is understanding the activities and the descriptors and giving detailed personal verbal evidence on the PIP2 Questionnaire form because the assessment is there to get more personal verbal evidence. If it is on the form then there is less evidence to get on an assessment. Also it will be easier to do MR if you had a detailed PIP2 Questionnaire form because your problems are in black and white and you can reference to them in your MR Letter.
    Congratulations on your award.
    Nasturtium
    How to challenge a PIP award that has been reduced at Review https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/696285#Comment_696285
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @gigi77

Congratulations on your award! :) I'm glad you are feeling much better after going through the process.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • gigi77
    Options
    @nasturtium @Hannah_Scope thank you, it helps ease the pressure a little with being on the sick from work.  it’s a tiring process and at times I felt like giving up but I echo what people say on here, that you can never really have too much detail or scenarios in you’re claim.  I found it also useful to have a notepad and pen laying around so at times I could jot down things that I’d forgotten was a difficulty or couldn’t do myself.  
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @gigi77 I like the notepad tip, that's one I recommend myself :) I hope you treated yourself after it was all done.  I usually recommend going with cake!  :D
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • minion46
    minion46 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi I resieved a text today saying I am awarded pip it says 2 weeks will I receive a payment before that does anyone no please 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    minion46 said:
    Hi I resieved a text today saying I am awarded pip it says 2 weeks will I receive a payment before that does anyone no please 
    You’ll get a back payment after around Thursday and a letter will follow explaining your award.
  • minion46
    Options
    So they might put money in my account this Thursday 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    minion46 said:
    So they might put money in my account this Thursday 
    I can’t be certain on Thursday but payments take between 3-5 days, I would be shocked if you don’t get anything by Friday as it’s only Tuesday today.
  • minion46
    Options
    Ok thank you will help a lot it’s been along road 
  • gigi77
    Options
    @minion46 hi I got awarded Pip text Monday 29th I rang today and he’s told me my back pay will be paid into bank account this Friday June 2nd if that helps and then moving forward my normal payments start June 23rd 
  • gigi77
    Options
    @minion46 might be worth giving them a quick call I just said recieved a text yesterday to say been awarded can you give me details of my award please and he was more than happy too. 
  • Graceylacey
    Graceylacey Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    I won my tribunal on 9th May and yesterday go a phone call which surprised me as it was bank holiday to confirm all my details and they said back pay would be in my bank within 3 - 5 working days. Then this morning I got a text to say I’d been awarded PIP and my letter with all the details would follow within 2 weeks 
  • gigi77
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope oh I had a few chocolate eclairs to get me through ☺️

• lmarie3004
    lmarie3004 Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Options
    Thats great news well done on your outcome 
    praying on a text and some good news soon myself 🙏
  • Graceylacey
    Graceylacey Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    I hope you get it soon xx 
  • gigi77
    Options
    @Imarie3004 have you been waiting long x
  • lmarie3004
    Options
    @gigi77 i phoned pip on January 31st to start claim, had my assesment on May 24th, text on 29th to say they’ve received the assessment back
    my mum called yesterday to get a cool if assesment report so hopefully thatll be here by next weekend 

Very nerve wrecking at this stage 
  • lmarie3004
    Options
    sorry so many typos 😫
  • gigi77
    Options
    @lmarie3004 the wait is horrible. When I requested my report I was told it would take 10 days and that was on a Friday morning.  I couldn’t then believe it ok the Saturday afternoon when I seen the postman strolling up the driveway with the official large Brown envelope I thought surely that’s not the report and it was.  Hopefuly you’ve not got too much longer to wait. I really do get how you feel, trying to keep busy is good but I always found myself back to thinking about it again.  The whole process is draining xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,208 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @gigi77 i phoned pip on January 31st to start claim, had my assesment on May 24th, text on 29th to say they’ve received the assessment back
    my mum called yesterday to get a cool if assesment report so hopefully thatll be here by next weekend 

Very nerve wrecking at this stage 

When you receive the report please remember, it's not the decision, it's a recommendation only. Whilst they do mostly go with it, it has been known for them to go against it.

When you see the report, in there will be activities/descriptors and next to them will be dots in boxes for either A, B, C, D etc. You can use the PIP self test here https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test-form to transfer the dots from the report into the test. At the end it will add up any potentially points that maybe recommended. You need at least 8 points for standard award or at least 12 points for Enhanced. Daily living and mobility are added up separately.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.