Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

LCWRA -

Options
FRH17
FRH17 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I’m so sorry if this have been asked a million times but please can someone work this out with me?

I gave up work July 2022 due to illness. I had no intentions of looking for work due to this and on the 2nd of September 2022 I handed in my first sick note with my health change effective from the 9th of July when I left work.
These ran fluidly until my assessment in December. On the 14th of January I was awarded LCWRA. I had my first increased UC payment on the 24th of May.
My UC assessment periods run from the 18th to 17th every month 

am I entitled to any backdated money please?

thank you for your time.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,572 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you sent your first fit note on 2nd September which was a backdated fit note then they don't usually accept that. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.

If they go from when you first handed the fit note in on 2nd Sept then your waiting period will be Sept to Dec.. LCWRA starts from AP 18th Dec to 17th Jan and first payment would be 24th Jan. Therefore they owe you 4 months LCWRA element.

Money owed is usually paid separately to your usual monthly money and quite often takes a few weeks to pay what is owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • FRH17
    FRH17 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so so so much! I’ve got more sense out of you than I’ve had from about 15 phone calls. I appreciate your time!! ♥️
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,572 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome. If it was the UC helpline you rang then they're not benefits advisors. They are call centre staff that usually just read from a screen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.