Losing faith with humanity ... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Losing faith with humanity ...

Options
WelshBlue
WelshBlue Community member Posts: 755 Pioneering
Today I witnessed something that made really question where we are as a society.

Not a political post as I'm very liberal and care about my fellow man.  Regardless of the shores they come from.

Watching a small protest, "Let the boats in "  ... I'm all for freedom of choice, speech etc.  It's very important to me

... but when they asked a homeless man to move because he was spoiling a photograph.  Nah I couldn't watch that happening.  So I sat by him while my wife went to get him something to eat

Are some really getting so desentised that he didn't matter as long as some made a point

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,011 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hate it when something like that happens. I hope he did not move. Well done to you for sitting with him while your wife got him something to eat. @WelshBlue
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh well done you @WelshBlue bet the man was grateful and for the food
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,444 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
       My dad taught us ' Never look down on anybody unless you are helping them up'  everyone has a story it's a shame some people don't get a chance to tell theirs. Well done @WelshBlue for giving the gentleman dignity, I applaud you 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @WelshBlue - you give us all hope and a reminder to be kind, always. I am sure he really appreciated all your efforts and your wife going to get him food  :)

@stormy - Sorry to hear you do not have faith in humanity :( People should do their job properly, indeed. You deserve support and to not feel isolated. We care about you (and integrity more generally!). What more can I say than we need more people like @WelshBlue<3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,647 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In agreement with stormy, nothing seems to be done properly nowadays.  I don't have much faith left in humanity any more.

I'm sure this is being made worse by the idea that as long as someone tries their best, that's good enough.  It really isn't when their mistakes impact other peoples lives!

There's also now a general realisation that family and friends should always come above work, which I do understand, but again means people only do the bare minimum for a pay cheque rather than taking pride in a job well done.

I've lost all faith in the health services now after never having a positive experience there.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.