Posture and Mobility Failure to Provide Timely and Professional Service — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Posture and Mobility Failure to Provide Timely and Professional Service

Options
krippled
krippled Community member Posts: 18 Connected
I'd been waiting for contact from P&M since assessment and measurement for 8 weeks. The nurse who came out to see me explained there would be an extended wait therfore gave them the benefit of doubt. 
I rang them last Tuesday to find out if my wheelchair was ready to be told it'd arrived at the office the week prior, leading me to ask when i could collect, only to be told it could only be handed over by the assessor who came out, who was currently off work sick!!!!

Surely there are protocols in place for these sort of situations wherein someone takes over the handover. The wheelchair I'd bought for myself was not suitable but a necessity due to health deterioration which I've tipped up backwards, 1st time I slammed heavyweight on to my spine full of degenerative disc disease which left me in excruciating pain for 2 weeks and the 2nd last week where my head just missed coping stones by literally ½ inch.

I called yesterday and was informed that an appointment had been sent out for the 26th. Two weeks after the assessor returned to work. Meaning my wheelchair will have been sat for 5 weeks now which I find absolutely disgraceful.

Comments

• onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 751 Pioneering
    Options
    krippled said:
    I'd been waiting for contact from P&M since assessment and measurement for 8 weeks. The nurse who came out to see me explained there would be an extended wait therfore gave them the benefit of doubt. 
    I rang them last Tuesday to find out if my wheelchair was ready to be told it'd arrived at the office the week prior, leading me to ask when i could collect, only to be told it could only be handed over by the assessor who came out, who was currently off work sick!!!!

Surely there are protocols in place for these sort of situations wherein someone takes over the handover. The wheelchair I'd bought for myself was not suitable but a necessity due to health deterioration which I've tipped up backwards, 1st time I slammed heavyweight on to my spine full of degenerative disc disease which left me in excruciating pain for 2 weeks and the 2nd last week where my head just missed coping stones by literally ½ inch.

I called yesterday and was informed that an appointment had been sent out for the 26th. Two weeks after the assessor returned to work. Meaning my wheelchair will have been sat for 5 weeks now which I find absolutely disgraceful.
      They are in breach of the Duty of Care Act.  where knowing that an adaption has been made and is already, ready for collection, they have lot a LARGE FEATHER IN THEIR CAP, by delivering the wheel chair 2 weeks early, now due to this it taints all the effort that others in the department have worked for.  Another reason for reform of the system, that only the person who sanctioned it can give it to you and is on Holidays?  Would thgis mean that if they left the business you would have to be reassessed?
      Yes I know its rubbish? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.