Hi, my name is Kathleent! Benefits and pregnancy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Kathleent! Benefits and pregnancy

Kathleent Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my daughter has autism  and she has just found  out  that  she  is  pregnant  .
She lives at home with me and her dad she is on the esa and pip .would she be entitled  to any more money when the child is born ? 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,556 Disability Gamechanger
    Unless she's already claiming Tax Credits then she would need to claim Universal Credit for money for the baby once it's born. This will end any Income Related ESA she's claiming after 2 weeks.

    If she's in the Support Group for ESA then she would be entitled to LCWRA element of UC from the start of her claim. If her ESA doesn't include the Severe disability premium then she will very likely be better off claiming UC now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 5,831 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Kathleent

    Welcome to the community :) and Congratulations for your daughter! I see Poppy has answered your query, just wanted you to know I've popped this thread into our Benefits and Financial Support section. In case you had any other questions or queries. 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.