Lwc help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwc help

Options
madee93
madee93 Community member Posts: 51 Listener
I have lwc for sciatica back problems and MH but I've now had to have surgery on my spine for cauda equina syndrome which has left me with nerve damage more pain and reduced mobility...I'm unsure how to go about changing from LWC to LWCRA.PLEASE ADVISE. DO I MAKE A NEW APPLICATION FOR WCA or report change or something else bearing in mind the back problems were related to the new diagnosis CES I just didn't know about it then and put it all down to sciatica??
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,820 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will need to report a change of circumstances. Then click health condition and report it through there. You will need a fit note when you do this. You will be referred for another work capability assessment and you will receive the UC50 form to fill in and return. 

You should only report changes if you think you qualify for LCWRA. You can see the descriptors here https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • madee93
    madee93 Community member Posts: 51 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you...do you have an idea of how long new wca are taking ATM.. and will my current lcw be taken away once I report change or would it still apply until new decision  is made ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,820 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have no idea how long the process will take.

Once a decision is made it can either stay the same, be found to have LCWRA or be found fit for work. Any new decision will overrule your current award. 

LCW will still apply until a new decision is made. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.