If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Joflo!

Options
Joflo
Joflo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am in a wheelchair as I have a SCI I also have a load of other complaints that go alongside my ailments like sjogrens ,arthritis, diabetes ,use a cpap machine and also registered partial sighted..was wondering has  anyone you know use a white cane while in an electric wheelchair as I think this would benefit me ..either that or get me a guide dog lol

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,468 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @joflo welcome to the forum,   sorry I don't know anyone off hand who uses a cane with a  electric wheelchair. 
    Would it be safer to have some one with you 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Joflo and thanks for reaching out, welcome to the community :)

I'm not visually impaired myself, so while I can't answer your question directly, I am an electric wheelchair user, and I know that you can have attachments fitted on some models to carry things like crutches and canes. 

I wonder if the RNIB might be able to provide you with information and advice, they have a page on assistive aids which might be useful, or you can use their helpline to get in touch.
    Call our Helpline on 0303 123 9999
    We're open 8am – 8pm on weekdays and 9am – 1pm on Saturdays. 
    Email us at helpline@rnib.org.uk or say: "Alexa, call RNIB Helpline"

If you are interested in an assistance dog, then Canine Partners might be worth enquiring with. 

If there's anything else we can do to help, please ask!

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.