Work is getting too much — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work is getting too much

Options
Tillyw14
Tillyw14 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited June 2023 in Work and employment
I’m really struggling with work at the mo! I’m  afraid I’m getting no support . I’ve been a teacher for 30years . I have a mild cerebral palsy and as a result I am often exhausted ! I also had a cancer scare last year and major surgery . I’ve always been a  dedicated  teacher and  have had a real passion for my job . However with more surgery pending , I’m struggling to face going into work it’s getting too much and I feel as if I’m being bullied out! 
Sorry for the doom and gloom . 

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,730 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tillyw14 Welcome to the Community. I am sorry you are having a difficult time at work. Have you spoken to HR or your Union regarding what is going on? They should be able to help you. We are here to help and support you where we can. Have a look around and join in with us. It might help to take your mind off work. You will be having the school holidays soon perhaps this could help you consider your options. Take care. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this @Tillyw14, it all sounds very overwhelming. Can I ask if you've discussed any reasonable adjustments with the school? 

How is ongoing support for your CP going generally? I have CP, and my physio often explains that when something is 'off', be it physical or mental, this can have a real impact on the tightness of muscles and levels of fatigue. 

Both Citizens Advice and ACAS have excellent guides on reasonable adjustments and disability discrimination at work, so I'd encourage you to have a read if it helps.

I've just moved your post over into our Work and Employment category and edited the title, I hope that's okay. I'd be interested in knowing what you teach as well? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.