Hi, my name is 6659Joanne!, LWRCA help please. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is 6659Joanne!, LWRCA help please.

Options
6659Joanne
6659Joanne Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited June 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all, I had a change of circumstances to my health on UC and submitted fit notes dated from January I had my medical assessment and passed and was awarded LWRCA,  I don't understand it at all, one is telling me it is backdated from first fit note and another is telling me no its not and also made me feel quite stupid for even questioning this, I don't understand the 3 month waiting period and why if so are you not paid for this time??  Yours severely baffled Joanne 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,707 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Was this your first work capability assessment? Or did you previously have LCW? 

If this is your first WCA then there’s a full 3 month waiting period before the extra money is paid. It’s then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. The extra money isn’t paid at all during the waiting period. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 6659Joanne
    Options
    This was my first,  I was just in receipt of UC previously, I also get PIP 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then your first payment will be either May or June. The exact date it’s paid from will depend on the answer to the following questions.

What date exactly did you report your health condition/send your first fit note? 

What date do you usually receive your money each month? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • 6659Joanne
    Options
    My first fit note was submitted in January, I usually receive my money on the 14th and 28th of each month, there's already been a payment on top of our UC money.

I am just baffled that an advisor told me that it would be and it would be paid on 25Th June, I specifically wrote the date down as my Fibromyalgia gives me quite bad brain fog.  I
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I will need to know the exact date of your first fit note, without that i can't tell you exactly when it's paid from. You can look back on your journal to see what that date was.
  • 6659Joanne
    Options
    My first fit note was issued on 25 January.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That indicates that your UC period is 8th to 7th of the month. Your Fit Note was submitted on 25th January so the waiting period ended on 24th April. The first LCWRA payment would be due with the next payment period 8th May to 7th June which would be due from the payment on 14th June,
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    With payment dates of 14th and 28th means your assessment periods are 8th to 7th of every month. Your waiting period will be as follows.

Feb to May.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 8th May to 7th June and first payment will be 14th June. If you didn't receive your first payment on 14th June then they will owe you for 1 month.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Because OP is paid twice per month she could get half of the monthly UC  including LCWRA  in each payment (14th and 18th).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • 6659Joanne
    Options
    Thanks everyone it's just a very hard one to try and work out and I had never heard of lwrca before.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Because OP is paid twice per month she could get half of the monthly UC  including LCWRA  in each payment (14th and 18th).

Yes, that's my understanding in how payments work for those that are paid twice per month.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.