Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP Review

Options
crazyhorse6
crazyhorse6 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hi everyone
I’ve been on PIP for 5 years - on standard rate. My condition has got worse plus I have a new condition.
I had a telephone assessment - I got a text to say the report was sent the same day.
I got a text Monday at 8am saying everything was done - & I would get a letter in 2 weeks.
My PIP was due today (the day after the text) & I’ve still been paid standard rate.
Does this mean I’m still on standard rate? I’m really confused - as I thought I would of been awarded the higher rate.
Sorry for massive message - any advice will be greatly recieved.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,930 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Payment is sent 3-5 working days before it reaches your bank account, so it's very likely the decision was made after the payment was sent.
    However, a worsening of condition and a new condition doesn't automatically entitle you to score more points for a higher award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • crazyhorse6
    crazyhorse6 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Options
    Thank you - that’s helpful - I understand new things doesn’t automatically entitle you to the higher rate. 
    My condition has got so much worse & I can’t now do things I could before. Plus my new condition is making things so much more difficult for me.
    So I thought maybe I would get the higher rate now - if that makes sense. I really don’t  know how these things work. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.