Lcwra accepted

Rk13
Rk13 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I received a notice letter on my uc account that I have been accepted of lcwra but shows nothing about payments or back payments wondering when will i receive it. I gave my first sick note on around September 2022 and was accepted 20th June 2023 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing
    First payment will be either Jan or Feb 2023. Depending on the exact date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month.
  • Rk13
    I receive my uc on the 11th and I gave my first sick note on the 22nd September 2022
  • poppy123456
    That means your waiting period will be Oct to Jan.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 6th Jan to 5th Feb and first payment will be 11th Feb.

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it.

You'll need to check your next statement to make sure the LCWRA element is included. This advice is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
  • Rk13
    edited June 2023
    Thank you for the help 
    Also Is it normal to receive an acceptance on uc board without back payment statement as someone I know received his with the acceptance and with statement letter through the post of how much backpayment he will receive.
  • poppy123456
    If you have access to a journal then you will not receive any letters in the post, they will be uploaded onto your journal. If that person is claiming UC then they very likely do not have access to a journal. Or they are claiming New style ESA.