If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

LCWRA

Options
jc123
jc123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Good Morning.

let me explain the entire story and see what you all think.

in 2018 I joined universal credit because i had a complete breakdown, my mental health had been bad for a long time but i was to the point i could not leave the house and i struggle to be around unfamiliar places and people, i feel they are trying to hurt me and i tried to take my own life 

i was diagnosed by the doctor with anxiety, depression, ptsd, ocd, suicidal and unwanted thoughts.

when joining UC i had to go to a meeting in person which was extremely difficult and give me fit note from the doctor, the person then wrote me off work, said i needed no more fit notes and that i would not have to visit the job centre or look for work... but did not discuss limited cap of work, or put me forward for the assesement..

in all honesty i had never heard of this and thought that is what pip is for, but its not its completely separate and i should of been put forward to it...

so fast foreward to this year and on the tv i seen about lwrca, so i phoned the job centre to enquire about it, the person on the phone was a little miffed of how i had heard about it, but agreed to send me the forms to apply for it, i did so, went through the 3 months assesement and was told i would recieve it.

so i asked the question, why wasnt i told about this when i first joined and you wrote me off work. they at first tried to blame covid to which i replied, covid wasnt around in 2018, then they tried to say that the person may of mentioned it, to which i replied, if someone told me i would recieve extra funding i would not of turned it down and also if he wrote me off work you would want to check that with a assesement like any other benifit would...

so i put in a official complaint stating i should of been put on to that and i have not recieved moneys that should have been availible to me,... it works out i have missed out on around 20k over a 5 year period, i asked why if this person had originally not put me forward, why has non of the staff on my journel not asked why i dont look for work or go job centre...

but now i am just being ignored, no reply to my journel entries, phone calls either go dead after they ask my details or there systems have gone down

i feel as if i am hitting a brick wall. on the website it says i should have a respone within 5 days and resolved within 15 but nothing as of yet and its been nearly a month...

is there any advice of where to go from here ? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Contact your MP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jc123
    jc123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I contacted citizens advice, they told me to contact my mp and to also re enter my complaint and to write on my journal saying I have contacted my mp with the view of getting in touch with the relevant ombudsman 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jc123

I agree with Calcotti, that contacting your MP is a great way to go. I hope your MP is a great support for you with this :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.