If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Buttercup27! I am looking for a P.A for my child can anyone help

Buttercup27 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2023 in Start here and say hello!
I am looking for a P.A for my child can anyone help ? 


  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @Buttercup27. A warm welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you at the moment?

    In terms of looking for a P.A. for your child, does your child have special educational needs and disabilities or just general needs?

    Often, with special educational needs and disabilities, your local council would be the best first point of contact. However, if general needs, you might be better off looking for a private childminder etc.

    I hope this helps but please do not hesitate to ask away if you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

    Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Buttercup27
    Buttercup27 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I have tried the council but I'm not getting anywhere so I thought I would ask on here Im really struggling with my child who has Autism at the moment I get Direct Payments from the council but have no P.A, I have tried the advertising agencys but im not getting no where so if you can help further much appreciated 
    Thanks 😊 

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,150 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't think asking on a forum is the best idea because we don't know the area you live or anything about your childs needs. I do know it's not easy for anyone to find a PA and even more so if you just want a few hours each week.

    By employing a PA yourself then you will need to make sure you have liability insurance just incase anything happens to the PA whist at work. There's some advice here on employing a PA. https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/employing-personal-assistant-legally/

    You maybe better going down the care agency route to see if they can help in anyway.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Buttercup27

    Welcome to the community! :) I hope you are well today?

    I see L and Poppy have advised private childminders and maybe asking down the care route. I would also suggest reaching out to your GP Surgery as they may know of a few people or agency to recommend :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.