Taken off Meds and no current support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Taken off Meds and no current support

Options
SteveKC
SteveKC Community member Posts: 11 Connected
I was diagnosed with Adult ADHD in November/ December 2021. After the psychiatrist initiated titrating on Methylphenidate Hydrochloride XL for 4 months which appeared to provide more focus, but when on 30 mg my BP began to raise so I was titrated on the non-XL version of the same until the dose was 25 mg. However my GP intervened when my BP heightened to a level she thought problematic. The medication and psychiatric support ceased in November 2022. 
My BP continued to be high until April/ May 2023 indicating that my ADHD med was not the culprit. My BP med dose was increased and my GP referred me back to the ADHD unit in May. I wrote to the unit 3 weeks ago (my psychiatric support had said I could way back in January) but the unit hasn't responded to me. I intend to contact my GP to establish the likely delay, 'though I expect the unit is under pressure. 

Sadly my focus has been badly affected for 7 or 8 months now and continues to be so...

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.