Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
smurphy58
smurphy58 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I'm new here so not sure if this is the place to start but I'm looking on information regarding back pay for lcwra 
I was diagnosed unfit for work since August 2022 and supplied fit notes on my journal every month since I received a note in February 2023 saying I was to be assessed for lcwra in April I was awarded it and received my first payment on 2nd June which was included in my uc I've asked if I'm owed any back pay from when I've been putting in fit notes my coach said my assessment period is 27th April to 26th may 2023 but doesn't mention anything about back pay
Does anyone know if I'm due any or not as I've rang UC a number of times but they can't seem to give me any answers 🤔

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,740 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your first payment will be either Dec or Jan. The exact date will depend on what date exactly you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note.

Money owed is paid separately to your usually monthly money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @smurphy58 and welcome, thanks for your query :) I hope the reply above has helped to reassure you, and if there's anything else we can lend a hand with, let us know!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.