Applying for free prescriptions because of low income — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for free prescriptions because of low income

Options
PatJ
PatJ Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Filling out nhs form for free prescription etc and one of the questions is, what was the date of last sick note. Really not sure as it was so long ago, started receiving incapacity money in april 1998, and haven't worked since may 1998 which is the date of the p45. Was on incapacity benefit until moved over to contributory esa in 2016. Always been in the support group.  Advice please. Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,910 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is this for your son? As he's claiming contributions based ESA then you shouldn't need to have to answer that question. In another thread of yours i see you're in the process of filling out the ESA3 form for your son. If he's entitled to the Income Related top up then this will automatically entitlement him to free prescriptions/dental and eye tests anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PatJ
    Options
    Hi Poppy, he's not actually applied for anything at the moment, just checking out the forms to see what info he will need.  Think most probably he'll apply for the top up, because like you said he will automatically get free prescriptions etc. His mental health not great at the moment so trying to give him all options and support. Thank you again. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All options and support sound particularly helpful at the moment @PatJ. How are you both feeling about everything at the moment? Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • PatJ
    Options
    Thank you, your support is much appreciated 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.