Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Lcwra packpay

Options
MDC
MDC Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello any advice/opinion is appreciated.
I am just hoping that somebody could give me some advice on weather I have grounds to ask for a mandatory reconsideration for my lcwra award to be backdated further. On 5th may 2022 I informed uc that I had been awarded pip and also declared a health change that prevents me from being able to work. At the time I was quite new to uc so did not know about lcwra and I was  already in receipt of carers element so did not have any work commitments. Fast forward to January 2023 , I had a benefit check up via CAB to check that I was receiving everything I was entitled to as I was struggling financially. The benefit advisor asked me why I had not been assessed for lcwra and also explained the lcwra process to me and advised me that when I declared my health change in may 2022 that I should have be asked to provide a fit note and to ask about lcwra in my journal which I did and was then asked for a fit note so I submitted my first fit note on 16th jan 2023 and continued to provide fit notes without any gaps until I was awarded lcwra. My award was backdated to 16 jan 2023 , the date I submitted my first fit note. My question is , it it worth asking for it to be backdated to 5th may 2022 when I declared my health change as I was never asked for a fit note or informed about lcwra and was only asked to provide a fit note once I enquired about lcwra via my journal. Had I been given the opportunity I would have provided fit notes from may 2022 when I declared my health change. I just don’t want to waste my time submitting a MR if there is no point.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,119 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you had reported your health condition by reporting a change of circumstances and then click “health condition” it should have automatically created an action on your to list to report a fit note. 

If you just reported it by putting a message on your journal then it wouldn’t have prompted you to report a fit note.

You can certainly ask for them to backdate it and it will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MDC
    Options
    Thank you ,
    I did it under change of circumstances and then selected health condition and it is listed in my journal as completed. I think I will submit a MR
  • poppy123456
    Options
    very strange why it didn’t prompt a fit note on your to do list. Please also be aware that if you’re not claiming UC with a partner then you will only be owed the difference between the carers element and the LCWRA element. This is because the same person can’t receive both elements at the same time. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Stellanatalia
    Stellanatalia Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi 
    I am looking for some help also please. I advised in my journal at the end of January that I was going into hospital for treatments. 
    On the 10th Feb 2023 I reported a change of circumstances and supplied a sick note and continuously until I had been awarded LCWRA on the 07th June 2023. 
    My usual assesment periods are 18th - 1
  • MDC
    Options
    Thank you ,
    I am in a joint claim with my husband but he doesn’t receive lcwra or lcw and I am aware that you can’t claim carers element and lcwra. Maybe it didn’t trigger fit note prompting  because I had no work related commitments due to being a carer. Either way I have submitted a MR.
  • MDC
    Options
    @Stellanatalia
    I submitted my first fit note in January23 and I was awarded in June23 and I only got one month back pay so I don’t think you will be owed anything but I’m not certain 
  • Stellanatalia
    Stellanatalia Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    It would depend on your assesment periods dates though surely? 
    It says 3 full assesment periods from the date of change of circumstances, meaning my assesment period should have started 18tj Feb? Not 18th March
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi 
    I am looking for some help also please. I advised in my journal at the end of January that I was going into hospital for treatments. 
    On the 10th Feb 2023 I reported a change of circumstances and supplied a sick note and continuously until I had been awarded LCWRA on the 07th June 2023. 

Question answered on your thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/107932/lcwra-payments-back-dated#latest

• MDC
    Options
    Hi 

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.