MP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MP

Options
leftagesago
leftagesago Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited July 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Had a message from UC that they have received a complaint from my MP and they are investigating it. 

I had no idea that my MP was going to write a letter of complaint on my behalf,  I did email my MP as UC wanted a reassessment of my LCWRA and it freaked me out. I have lots going on at the moment with emotional issues etc, I can’t even remember what I wrote in the email but I did include a couple of GP referrals and my MH medication list , which is quite extensive.

I think the word ‘ complaint ‘ has actually caused me more distress as I only wanted my MP to know what was happening in case I needed further support and really didn’t think they would complain on my behalf , have I done something wrong ? 

The response from UC was that they would investigate the matter and get back to my MP. 

Why have I suddenly started feeling all anxious about this ? 

Comments

• paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    Options
    Wow your MP is very efficient. 
    You haven’t done anything wrong at all . 
    I’ve also had a LCWRA assessment and I know how stressful it is. 
  • leftagesago
    Options
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @leftagesago

Welcome to the community! :) I hope you are well today?

I agree with paries, you haven't done anything wrong. We often encourage members to talk to their local MPs! :) I'm glad to hear they are supporting you, please keep us updated. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • leftagesago
    Options
    Hello @leftagesago

Welcome to the community! :) I hope you are well today?

I agree with paries, you haven't done anything wrong. We often encourage members to talk to their local MPs! :) I'm glad to hear they are supporting you, please keep us updated. 
    I’m fine , thank you Hannah, I hope you’re doing ok . 

I suppose I’m just a bit concerned because I have absolutely no idea what my MP said to them . 

I did receive an email from my MP saying they had read through my email and have made representations on my behalf to DWP. I just didn’t expect them to complain but maybe just to say - 

“ my constituent has a lot going on at the moment so please take that into consideration when reassessing them “ 

I hope I haven’t made it more difficult for myself . 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leftagesago Glad to hear you are ok :) It's great to hear that your MP is supportive! I can understand the worry as I guess it will feel a little more taken out of your control? But they are basically setting that "I know about this person" with it. They may have had others reach out and had to make complaints before?
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.