Stim advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stim advice

madmarcy
madmarcy Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I need a stim to replace my head flailing. It’s caused my neck to get severely inflamed and it’s been hurting for 6 months 
Tagged:

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2023
    A warm welcome to Scope's forum @madmarcy. It sounds really difficult that your head flailing has caused your neck to get severely inflamed and it has been hurting for 6 months.

Have you been able to talk to anyone about your neck pain and inflammation, such as a GP? As you are seeking an alternative stim, it might be worth thinking about when you need to stim, what the purpose is of your stim and what might provide a similar relief/sensation.

A fellow autistic here if you would like to talk about this further. You know yourself best though, I am just here to listen to you whilst you navigate this. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you further with this :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • madmarcy
    @L_Volunteer This stim only happens when I get too excited about something, doesn’t happen often but when it does I can’t control it and it’s very violent. I’ve seen a chiropractor because there was a cheap one time deal but I’m completely broke and can’t get any other professional help all I need is a substitute and id be completely fine .
  • madmarcy
    Chiropractor just told me it’s extremely inflamed and only ice will help but I do that multiple times a day it’s been 2 months since that visit and it’s the same lol

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.