Hi, my name is VickyB! wondered how I go about getting some financial help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is VickyB! wondered how I go about getting some financial help?

VickyB Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi , new here .. wondered how I go about getting some financial help ? 
I’m self employed part time and was originally on working tax credits before Covid , This topped up my earnings as I have suffered with Crohn’s disease since 2000. 
During Covid my claim changed to universal credit and now they’re hassling me to find extra work . Going into the job centre every week . Filling out online job searches . 
I can only work a few hours before extreme fatigue kicks in . I have daily muscles aches and pain , dry eyes . Severe urgency to use the loo throughout the day . Tummy spasms..  I work a day and the following day I’m completely wiped out . 
I’ve applied for disability twice and it’s was rejected both times . Im not sick enough for PIP but not healthy enough to manage working full time . I’m at my wits end and honestly don’t know where to go for help . Anyone have some wonderful advice for me ? 



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.