An observation. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

An observation.

Options
onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 751 Pioneering
Its been time to reflect on things and remembered this post which is also still true today.
  It was easier to 20 in the 70's than it is to be 70 in the 20's.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How interesting @onebigvoice
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 751 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry should read.... it was easier to be 20 in the 70's than it is to be 70 in the 20's......

As anothe rcomment, I have had another reply from both Scope and Jenny Henshaw a Councillor by me involved in the " playground access for disabled children" now going on every where.
     She has contacted a few more people and around Cardiff there are sites that have now or in the process of being refurbished to allow kids to be kids.
      The distinction between disabled and non-disabled children is not a child thing its the attitude of ther older generation when someone does not quite fit in.
      I am probably showing my age but I was never rasist or colour predigest, and still am not, but I find that unless you have disabled kids or you were disabled these days there is still this stigma attached to disabled children.
      Well that's all changing since three parks around Cardiff along with the schools in Cardiff have all been given a project to see how Disabled friendly your park is.  Its not only about what it contains, but things like access, How far from the car park, is there toilets provided for all, is it free? 
      I will send the E Mail to admin and they can decide whether to show it or not.  As it does contain Adresses of parks, activities available, whether they are council run, like a news letter.
      If others wish to join contact your local MP and ask about parks and disabled access for kids of all ages.  I think you will be suprised as to what is happening in your area.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.