UC migration means entitlement to JSA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC migration means entitlement to JSA

Options
WhatThe
WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 999 Pioneering
Any UC migration from IB, IS, or an earlier migration to ESA, is a JSA claim on DWP's systems.
Those awards were made because of incapacity but those claimants are now job-seekers! Why are we not being given the full facts about these conversion decisions?
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,825 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That’s not exactly correct. Those claiming UC from ESA if they are in the Support Group will automatically be entitled to the LCWRA element from the start of their claim. Which means they are not classed as job seekers and will have no work commitments. 

Those that are claiming contributions based ESA or New style ESA will not be transferred to UC anyway. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • WhatThe
    Options
    Any migration to ESA or UC becomes a JSA claim on DWP systems. 
  • WhatThe
    Options
    And the claimant commitment can be changed at any time.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Migration to ESA? That happened many years ago and no one is a job seeker when claiming this. 
    And the claimant commitment can be changed at any time.
    Not when found to have LCWRA because you have no work requirements. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • WhatThe
    Options

The 'failed' IB/IS reassessment programme of 2011-2014 is being repeated but with with even less protection for vulnerable claimants. 
    DWP knows this will cause avoidable harm once again but refuses to cancel the UC experiment.

I'm concerned that the "What did you have for tea yesterday?" discussions avoid the bigger questions about disability discrimination and loss of income which disabled Scope members will have to face in 2023. 

• WhatThe
    Options
    Yes, it happened years ago and the ESA awards became JSA claims on DWP systems. 
  • WhatThe
    Options
    On return to MSRS, the existing award becomes a JSA claim with or without conditionality.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options

I'm concerned that the "What did you have for tea yesterday?" discussions avoid the bigger questions about disability discrimination and loss of income which disabled Scope members will have to face in 2023.  
    Hello @Whatnot4657. On the community we discuss many important topics but also have more lighthearted discussions and games which we keep to the Coffee Lounge.

Any migration to ESA or UC becomes a JSA claim on DWP systems. 

Could I ask where you're getting your information from regarding migrated claims being classes as JSA on DWP systems? There are lots of UC claimants that aren't considered job seekers, for example carers and those who have LCWRA.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • WhatThe
    Options

Look up 'WCA outcomes' to see how these decisions are recorded on JSAPS.

I too was LCWRA but my award was eroded and conditionality attached to various 'new' claims for UC(JSA) which I didn't make.  
  • WhatThe
    Options

DWP also sent me a U60 (for TAXABLE benefits) and several P45's for the claims they ended.. 
  • WhatThe
    Options
    ..via HMRC of course
  • poppy123456
    Options

I too was LCWRA but my award was eroded and conditionality attached to various 'new' claims for UC(JSA) which I didn't make.  

LCWRA doesn't erode so what you're saying makes no sense. UC isn't JSA, it's a completely different benefit. When claiming a benefit such as ESA sometimes when you receive a payment into your bank it will have the letters "JSA" next to the payment instead of "ESA." When this happens it means that your payment was made manually. It doesn't mean your ESA has changed to JSA.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options

Look up 'WCA outcomes' to see how these decisions are recorded on JSAPS.

Hi @Whatnot4657, LCWRA shouldn't erode. I'm concerned that there may be errors with your claim. What was your award before you changed to UC and were there any breaks in your claim between your previous benefit ending and claiming UC?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • WhatThe
    Options

I'm very concerned and yes, these are official errors but I'm being ignored.

PCA's passed on appeal, IB35 completed, told over the phone I had passed the assessment. Then.. DWP ended my claim and paid some arrears with no explanation. IB50 received and another IB50 received then continuous, repeated referrals to Work Programme and now Restart. 

'Unsuccessful' UC claim made within six months of an ESA(JSA) award incl component and before April 2017 - still unpaid which I understood was not allowed to happen for a first claim to UC.

JCP has created all these referrals.
    What should I say in the journal to make them stop what feels to me like harassment?
    What should I say to get my whole award recalibrated?

Thank you 
  • WhatThe
    Options

What should I say in the journal to make them stop what feels to me like harassment?

Thank you 
  • WhatThe
    Options

Adrian,

Thank you 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hi @Whatnot4657, it sounds as though your claim is quite complicated and may not be accurate. Do you have a Welfare Rights or citizens advice near you that you could speak with? They could go through your claims with you, looking at what you were previously claiming and what you should be receiving under UC now. They can also help check your claimant commitment to ensure it is correct which may stop some of the calls and such. If you put your postcode into the Advicelocal website it can show which services are in your area. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • WhatThe
    Options

Tried but it's too complex for them and it's why I came to this site
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds really difficult for you @WhatThe. You deserve the support you need and it sounds like there is a gap in service there which has left you without the support you need  :( hopefully, someone with more knowledge and experience in this area may be able to help you soon. In the meantime, I just wanted you to know that your post has been seen and heard  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • WhatThe
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.