If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'll hold my hands up!

Options
Hannah_Alumni
Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
I've already started Christmas shopping!

I have a big family, and I like to be as organised as possible with my paychecks each month. I also had to start picking up items that are out now. Like PJs with shorts, as they are harder to get in the winter.

Have you started Christmas shopping yet? or Have you started planning for it? 

I know some people book the meal around about now (if they eat out) or the hotel if they spend it away :) 

On another note, I guess I'll have to start reigning in the book buying...  :D  
Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Tagged:

Comments

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,828 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No I haven't started Christmas shopping it's for to early in my eyes 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    edited July 2023
    Options
    My friend does all of hers the week before Christmas because her little ones like to go exploring  :D
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,326 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm going to start getting gifts in so it's all not 1 rush
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    I find it helps spread the cost as well. The only thing I always buy very far in advance is wrap and gift boxes. Pick them up in the after sales and have got them stored up in the loft :)
    Hannah - She / Her

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,574 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Hannah_Scope
    Hi Hannah I hope you’re keeping well.
    It’s definitely a great idea to start early, I usually start about October but I’m going to start the end of August once birthdays are out the way.

My daughter suggested we should all go out this year for dinner for a change, we have never done it before. So you have reminded me and I think we should book soon. 

Thanks ❤️

• Hannah_Alumni
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Doing well thank you, are you? 

I always schedule my Primark visit for October :D get it out the way before it gets so busy! 

That'll be lovely :) I've already seen posters in some local restaurants about booking for Christmas. 
    Hannah - She / Her

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,787 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Apart from two neighbours who are good friends everybody else gets money, the two grandkids £££ is the equivalent of a small country's national debt.
    However if I see anything nice that I know SM will like I will buy it now for her for Christmas, I tell everyone I don't want anything but if they want to get something they can donate the £ to a food bank or homeless charity.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,668 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm certainly not calling it 'Christmas Shopping' in July, but I have bought 3 gifts so far.  :D
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @woodbine Aww that's lovely :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious Do you have people to buy for like I do? Want something you can only seem to get in the middle of summer?  :D
    Hannah - She / Her

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,668 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious Do you have people to buy for like I do? Want something you can only seem to get in the middle of summer?  :D
    I do, but just one relative in particular.  They always say they don't want anything, though as I can no longer manage social visits, the only way I can show gratitude for the help they provide through the year is through thoughtful gifts!  :)

I tend to buy things that are fairly limited in production so have to buy them when I see them.  I kept missing out on things previously by waiting until nearer the occasion.  :#  
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Aww :) Yeah I am the same. My parents have supported me a lot with my health so I like to pick up gifts where I can. 

Oh that's always the catch 22, hanging on to nearer the occasion. I've been there! I sometimes think oh I'll wait for Black Friday and then it never comes back in stock  :s
    Hannah - She / Her

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,009 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've never not been able to get something at the "wrong" time of year. In fact, I tend to buy jumpers and coats and things like that during early Summer, because I find they are often reduced to make room for the summer clothes. I also bought a fan last winter, which was discounted.

I should say this is all based on online shopping. Are you referring to in-person shopping, rather than online? As I can well imagine the products are indeed much more seasonal in brick-and-mortar shops.
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 764 Pioneering
    edited July 2023
    Options
    This has just reminded me I haven't taken my meds today ... double anti-depressants now   :p

My wife has started. 
    I find it hard to get interested in July and switch off when she tells me what she's bought for people.  
    Apparently this Christmas is closer to being here, than last years on the calendar

I'm just a miserable oldish man
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @66Mustang Yeah I get good deals out of season online. For gifts, I like to go looking around the shops to make sure it is what it looks like online!  :D 

@WelshBlue Have you got an Alexa or Google Home. My friend has her google remind her to take her "vitamins" :) I think the fact Movies24 turns to Christmas24 to do Christmas in July is what prompts me to get started! 
    Hannah - She / Her

• 66Mustang
    Options
    That makes sense @Hannah_Scope.

I think the earliest I have bought a Christmas present for someone is September!
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @66Mustang I've bought something in the after sales for Christmas the following year. I like to buy ornaments for kids in my family. That way when they leave home, they have some decorations when starting their own tree :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

• 66Mustang
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.