Waiting for some blood test results — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for some blood test results

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 253 Pioneering
I had two vials of blood taken on Friday afternoon one to check that my blood pressure tablets are working and one to check my hormones. 
The reason my hormones are being checked is because I noticed a sudden change in my periods as they're usually heavy and painful due to my PCOS, but the last 2 or 3 months they've been really light and shorter than they usually are.
I did notice on the blood form that the doctor had put "40 years old with menopausal symptoms" in the clinical support box at the bottom of my blood form. 
I'm also waiting to hear from my local hospital about being tested for sleep apnea. 
All this waiting is making me worry and it's not helping my mental health at the moment as its already up and down at the moment as its my late dad's birthday next month and he would have been 68 years old. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @BrianMcFaddenfan07

I'm sorry that it is all making you worry and not helping your mental health. Hopefully you'll have answers soon! Are you doing anything to mark your dad's birthday? I always mark my grandmothers with a film she'd introduced me to, usually a John Wayne one.

I hope the community can continue to be a support for you <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.