Hi, my name is dalkin88! Help for son — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dalkin88! Help for son

Options
dalkin88
dalkin88 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2023 in Education
I
Hello . I'm receiving pip for mental health issues I've been suffering from for over half my life. I'm receiving so much abuse from my ex partner for not working.  I legally don't have to but I give her over £100 per month for our son but I still get abuse from her and her daughter.  My 9 year old son listens to this and keeps asking me question like "why arnt you working and paying my mum" . It's all what she tells him. I give him pocket money and send money to his mother that I haven't got but I'm still being shouted at , called a bum and useless.

Comments

• dalkin88
    Options
    I got my sons school report the other week and his attendance was below 80% and he was behind on every subject.  I contacted his mother and said that we need to do more home work with him and she needs to make sure he attends more. That we both need to do more to make sure he catches up. Then I just get bombarded with the fact that she works and I don't and I'm just a useless bum and have no right. I have my son every weekend.  He loves seeing  me but I can't raise anything with his mother without her screaming that I don't work and should just shut up
  • dalkin88
    Options
    I have no idea how to deal with this . I can't have any input on my sons welfare and I'm just being put down constantly by his mother and her 14 year old daughter.  It's making my already **** situation unbearable really.  I couldn't feel any lower 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry that this is effecting your mental health @dalkin88

Can I ask, do you have support around you? There are amazing organisations like SHOUT who are a 24/7 mental health texting service. You said in your post you don't legally have to give her the money you do, if it is ok to ask, is there a custody agreement in place? I would encourage you to read Citizen's Advice pages on Making an agreement about your children when you separate. I'd also encourage you to speak directly to the school about ways to get your son caught up. Maybe they can offer a mediation with your ex too, as you have seen it is effecting your son. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.