Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Blue badge for and disabled parking outside of home of disabled person

Options
Taiq_Chowdry
Taiq_Chowdry Community member Posts: 6 Listener
My nephew lacks mental and physical capacity and is entitled to the top rate of PIP disability...he is 26, can't read, write, drive, go shopping, cook, clean or effectively clean himself. When out in public he can become difficult to manage and often shouts at people agitated.

His mum does most of the caring but she can't drive and very limited English language skills but getting about is a problem

Other members of family help out with shopping, travelling to meetings or just getting to places.

Can I apply for a blue badge on his behalf even though I own the car provided I register it at my nephews home...or is that not allowed?

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.