If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lizrobson99! Memory Foam Topper suggestions?

Options
lizrobson99
lizrobson99 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have back pain at night and have had 3 new matresses in the last three years. I am now considering a memory foam topper and wondered if anyone with a similar problem has tried one?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've never tried a memory foam topper but have had memory foam mattresses for more than 10 years and wouldn't use anything different.

When you've bought the new mattresses did you buy online or go to a shop to try first? I'll never buy a mattress without first trying them out.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lizrobson99
    lizrobson99 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I bought my present mattress from Benson for Beds last August...it is a firm mattress and seemed find at the time, but it is giving me a bad back every night now - I spend most nights walking around wondering when it will be time to get up...I need to do something about it but am reluctant to buy yet another new mattress.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'll be honest, there's no way i could sleep on a firm mattress because that wouldn't be great for my back either. I find them far too hard. My current mattress was from there too and i love it. It's medium memory foam airstream.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lizrobson99 and welcome to the community! :)

I struggle with back pain, but have always found a firm mattress is the best. I think it can all depend on the individual. 

Sorry I can't be much help!
    Scope

• michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    hi i also suffer from a bad back if your bed has the slat type base lift the mattress and check they have not dipped we changed ours around and it helped for a short while am looking into a divan base now with medium pocket sprung mattress with built in topper i wish you luck 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.