Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Lcwra

Options
JonahJ1702
JonahJ1702 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm not the sharpest tool in the box and I have trouble breaking things down in my head at times so bear with me. OK I put my sick notes in dated by the doctor on 1st Jan 2023 and have had sick notes in ever since. So if I'm awarded LCWRA which I believe I will as I am totally unable to do any work related activities whatsoever the £354 which I believe has risen to £390 that gets paid on top of UC, will that get backdated to January? I asked a group this on Facebook but got no reply. And I filled my forms in over a month a go. How long does this process usually take before any decision is made? 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Firstly, my advice is to stay well away from Facebook for benefit advice. Too many of these 'advisors' unfortunately give quite appalling advice.

LCWRA isn't paid at all for the first 3 months of sending in fit notes unless you fall under the limited exceptions group (this won't be the case for you though). If you could tell us when you first reported your conditions and your Assessment Period dates, we will be able to help further. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.