If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

assessment reviews

Options
Angel212
Angel212 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Has anyone that suffers with mental health had a paper based assessment on their LCW/LCWRA review? 

Or are assessments mostly telephone/ face?
my assessments previously were face to face but I’m not sure what this one will be and I have anxiety even thinking about it. 
Do they look at your previous assessment records info? 
I have heard paper based assessments can happen but are rare.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,111 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Paper based assessments are possible but you're correct, they are rare. Most assessments are by telephone but some are face to face and video. If an assessment is needed and it's face to face you can request a telephone one, or vice versa.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Angel212
    Options
    Are you allowed to request paper based? Or not? Thanks poppy 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Of course you can but if there's not enough of information to do that then it won't be paper based. They usually look at everything before deciding if an assessment is needed anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Angel212
    Options
    Ok thank you if they do contact me I will ask them if it can be paper based thanks 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Angel212 said:
    Ok thank you if they do contact me I will ask them if it can be paper based thanks 
    You're best to ask for this on your form that's sent in the 'additional information' box.
  • Angel212
    Options
    Oh really?! I was unaware you could actually ask for it to be paper based assessment and I was just hoping they do it that way anyways without me having to ask as nothing has changed for me only got worser, so I never got a chance to ask on my forms I only put in the box: if an assessments is needed for it to be a telephone assessment due to anxiety and panic attacks. 
    If I hear a response for an appointment can I phone up and ask for it to be paper based instead? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's nothing stopping anyone from asking for a paper based assessment. You can do this at anytime and you don't have to wait to see if an assesssment is needed. 

As i advised, they always look to see if they can do that anyway before sending out an appointment date/time.

If they don't have enough of information to do that then you'll need an assessment.
  • bg844
    Options
    You can as Poppy has stated above, this isn't guaranteed though as very few people do have paper-based assessments. Your form goes to a Healthcare Professional first anyway who will of seen you ask for this in the box and if they still insist on a telephone consultation it is very unlikely they'll allow it afterwards. If I was you I'd keep all options open and prepare for a telephone assessment just in case and see the paper-based as a bonus, should it happen,
  • Angel212
    Options
    Thank you both I’m going to be sending further evidence tomorrow via post and I was actually going to write a note and put it in writing when I send this letter tomorrow that I want a paper based assessment and I’m really stressed with this waiting constantly panicking sick of it.

What would you advise? Put it in writing tomorrow or call if I receive an appointment letter?
  • bg844
    edited August 2023
    Options
    In writing is best explaining why you're requesting this, you don't need to worry and I'm sure everything will work out fine (regardless of the assessment type). If you have any more questions feel free to ask on here.
  • Angel212
    Options
    Thank you I will put a note in writing to request for paper base and how much I’m struggling waiting. Thank you again I hope so such a horrible process got such bad migraines 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.