Applied for LCWRA from LCW..It's a nightmare. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applied for LCWRA from LCW..It's a nightmare.

rayceyiii Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 19 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, lately i've been having a problem with in process for lcwra. I'm lost and dont know what to do next. I have an anxiety problem, i know myself im not fit for work. I recently moved to new location, new gp but the gp is giving me a very difficult time giving me sick notes. Last time i spoke with them, they are right away looking to dissmiss me, not listen to anything i have to say about my condition and whats been going on with me. Right away i clammed shut and felt uncomfortable and not want to say anything more. The conversation ended with them saying "you fit to work, we can't keep doing this". I been wanting to tell them the medication im on, no longer helps me and i would like to try a different medication. So far in the past, gps only doubled my dose. Now that's no longer working for me. I contacted birmingham healthy minds to see if they can help, they really did nothing and sent me an email saying "At your initial assessment with me you described symptoms of low mood & anxiety.  We discussed & agreed that Unsupported CCBT will be useful for you at this time. We agreed on the package space from Anxiety & Low mood." and "We share information about your care with your GP. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please speak to the Birmingham Healthy Minds practitioner.  As you do not need our service at this present time, your case will be closed."   so that tells me they dont care like the gp. I'm in panic mode.  I told birmingham healthy minds, they said they are unable to provide me a sick note, but told me the email they sent me, that i could just leave that in my journal for UC to see. Ok so what now? BTW i plan to contact GP again and tell them im not ok and i need a change of medication and also telling them i need them to provide sick note for my lcwra claim. I know the most they will do for me is change the medication. But what do i do about getting a sick note of some sort?  I feel cornered and trapped. I feel like just going with whatever they plan for more, like start look work then when i got a job and my anxiety is triggered because im in a working environment and can't keep the job, what then? I feel like i have no other option at this point. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you able to see another GP? Did you also know that a nurse or a pharmacist can also provide a fit note now? Are you able to speak to any of those?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 1,481 Scope online community team
    Hi @rayceyiii and welcome to the community!

    I just wanted to check you received Poppys reply and see if it was helpful to you? I know sometimes reply notifications can get missed.

     How're you getting on with everything?  We're all here to help if you need us. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.