Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip incorrectly cancelled claim as they lost the paperwork

Options
latedame
latedame Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I am just after some guidance. We recently sent our renewal form back in via recorded delivery well within the deadline. Then we get a letter to state that our request has stopped as they never had said form. Letter dated a week after they stopped it. Call up, have evidence it was received. They even confirmed it was and they’d be reopening it. Blamed a system glitch that loads of letters were sent out in error. Confirmed nothing would change, they’ll won’t stop payment until they’ve reviewed the paperwork. 
This morning we’ve had other letters from council to say our circumstances have changed because they have obviously been advised my DWP.
What can I do about this as DWP already said they were wrong & now they’ve notified others so it’s going to affect more than just this claim. We can’t just call council &’say it’s wrong that DWP were wrong because without something in writing they don’t have to believe us. I’m at a loss now.
I can’t call them till Monday but should a complaint be logged? 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,516 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will need to contact your local Authority on Monday and tell them that that your PIP hasn't been suspended. The very likely reason for you receiving that letter is because PIP do often share information with a local Authority. It shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I don't think there's anything to complain about and your benefits (housing benefit, i'm assuming) will just continue as normal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.