If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment report completely inaccurate

Options
2»

Comments

• godsend
    godsend Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    Hi
    the MP sent me two pdf's
    the one what is from the assessment done by a nurse, his name Mr xxxx xxxx at the end of the assessment form he signed off as Ms xxxx xxxx
    the things typed by him is so different from what was said by me.
    Could this assessment form be changed by DWP as it took 7 months to get to me.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    godsend said:
    Hi
    the MP sent me two pdf's
    the one what is from the assessment done by a nurse, his name Mr xxxx xxxx at the end of the assessment form he signed off as Ms xxxx xxxx
    the things typed by him is so different from what was said by me.
    Could this assessment form be changed by DWP as it took 7 months to get to me.

It's possible for the assessment to be completed by one person and the report to be written or at least finished by a completely different person.

If there's issues with the report then it can be returned to the health assessment providers by a decision maker.

During the assessment, it's not their job to write what you said verbatim. If this was the case there wouldn't be any need for the assessment. It's for them to gather more information about your health conditions. The report is then written based on their opinion of everything you said during the assessment, what you wrote in the form and any extra evidence you sent.

I wouldn't say a decision maker can change the report but they don't have to go with the recommendations in it, mostly they do but it has been known for them to go against it. Before making a decision they are supposed to look at all evidence you sent, including the written report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Woollzie04
    Woollzie04 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi All. Im  appalled by the flawed system. Due to deterioration of my condition i now have finally had to give in & claim PIP. I had a telephone assessment in August, the ladies 2 dogs were madly barking in the background throughout my assessment of which at one time I was put on hold whist she let them out, they could still be heard in the background. My call lasted an hour. Ive received my decision letter & unbelievably scored zero points, i am so angry, honestly the reason behind it is based totally on a different person, what im reading is not me! I.E…i was asked do i go on holiday & I answered yes, she asked where, i answered Tenerife, she said, how do you go on with the flight, i answered, its very difficult for me, i cant sit/stand for very long, i have to keep stretching, moving about, getting up/down quite alot…this is all with assistance from my husband. We sat at the front of the plane in the first two seats to make it easier for me & more comfortable. I said i get looked at very strange by people as due to my condition im very wobbly on my feet & some people think im intoxicated when im not. Its diifficult & very painful.  Her report has stated nothing i said to her only , & its unbelievable , she stated; I can walk around an airport unaided!! 
    Thats not all, everything is incorrect leading into scoring zero points. Obviously ive asked for it to be looked at again but i dont hold my breath. 
    I also stated that my because of my pain & recently prescibed medication makes me feel lightheaded, i get confused, feel sick, sometimes I feel dazed & very tired & get forgetful. Its been reported that im not receiving treatment for mental health nor any medication for mental health, i dont go to fatigue management councelling, i have no reports of having a cognitive impairment & because ive been on the same medication for several years…ive only just bern prescribed them a few months ago!
    Honestly. It’s like it’s all bern dreamt up. Nothing that i have put on my PIP form has been taken into account, im totally telling lies & have nothing at all wrong with me! As if i would put myself through sll this rubbish, it’s ludicrous. My condition has been diagnosed with many X-rays & the latest with an MRI scan but all these in their mind must be fake then too??

• godsend
    Options
    Hi Woollzie04
    I do believe that every pip assessment is changed by a second person, untruths written after the assessment by a person who does this for a living. I bet your assessment report is very similar as mine and everybody who fails. You need your MP.

I had reply from PIP Parliamentary Liaison Officer Independent Assessment Services, Apologise sincerely for any distress caused for the error by Health Professional, Atos service. 5 Days left for DWP to agree date for Tribunal.
  • Woollzie04
    Options
    It’s appalling & all adds to your already difficult situation. 
    She asked me do I go out & I stated hardly ever due to pain & how difficult it is, I’m scared of falling as I have in the past but I’m use to it & so are extremely careful with the aid of somebody but I always stumble. She said but do you go the supermarket…I stated We order on-line but once every two weeks I will go with my husband & link arms whilst holding onto the trolley(it’s a small Aldi with a seating are along the front window) & I have to stop off for breaks. She has reported that I’m able to go to the supermarket, pushing a trolley unaided!…unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable.

I’ve complained to Capita just over a week ago…no response or even acknowledgement of email. I’m sure her dogs in the background distracted her as her report isn’t me nor what I said.
    i even broke down in tears on the call at one stage, I kept taking short breaths as the call went on for so long & she kept asking if I was still there, her report stated I handled myself very well on the call & was very clear with my answers & didn’t come across as mentally impaired…bear in mind I’m not & never even stated to be!
  • Woollzie04
    Options
    Oh & also in addition to above RE: falling, as I haven’t had a fall for 12 months then I am at low risk! May just be because I hardly go out since I last fell,  have help to move around anywhere at all, I’m very careful, I have to hold onto walls, furniture etc at home , but hey , I’ve not fallen so I don’t matter!
  • godsend
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, the assessment report must be done by a second person or the Health Professionals are being told to write the same thing. What you have said about shopping, handling  yourself and Mental Health, i got the same 0 points and no doubt written the same way.
    Do the MR, complain to your MP.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    godsend said:
    Hi,
    Yes, the assessment report must be done by a second person
    That’s not correct for every single report. Mine and my daughters were all written by the same person that did the assessments. 

Never had a bad report for ESA or PIP in 10 years of claiming both benefits. 

I’ve always found the assessors to be friendly and helpful. 

Not all of them are unfriendly. 

Remember the report is their opinion based on everything you sent, what you wrote in the form and what you said during the assessment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Woollzie04
    Options
    godsend said:
    Hi,
    Yes, the assessment report must be done by a second person
    That’s not correct for every single report. Mine and my daughters were all written by the same person that did the assessments. 

Never had a bad report for ESA or PIP in 10 years of claiming both benefits. 

I’ve always found the assessors to be friendly and helpful. 

Not all of them are unfriendly. 

Remember the report is their opinion based on everything you sent, what you wrote in the form and what you said during the assessment. 
    Everything I sent has been totally ignored, they have only taken the assessors report into consideration of which is totally incorrect, I made notes at the time, as much as I could & also wrote it up following the call, it’s totally incorrect what has been reported about me. I’ve been dealing with DWP for 33 years on behalf of my daughter & never had any complaints until now. The report states untrue comments & it’s unfair, she was not professional what so ever.
  • godsend
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I wonder how many pip assessment reports say the same.
    Different medical conditions and mental health impairments, most end up reported to be the same.
    The report made me super human, no Ailments and no doubt i am from planet Krypton.

Can i post what was written in my PIP report by the Health Professional without any names and see how many people say, that was said in my report.

• godsend
    Options
    17/10/2023
    DWP phoned about 6 times each time after 1 or 2 mins the call went dead.
    Questions about my knee, eye, medication and weight.
    Last call from DWP different person taking more notice and said she will pass it on.

18/10/2023 is the last day for DWP to respond to tribunal, and dead on 5pm text and email came from tribunal saying 
    DWP has sent a ‘Response’ to your PIP appeal. They should have sent you a copy in the post and you should receive this shortly. The Response contains the information DWP used to make their decision on your entitlement to PIP.

So it looks like going to tribunal.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.