Send Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Send Tribunal

Options
emmbo76
emmbo76 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello. Just after a bit of advice please. I appealed the LA’s decision to issue my daughter with an EHCP back in Feb this year. I have finally heard back that my appeal has been registered. Any advice on how to win the appeal. Should I agree to a paper hearing or attend? Do I need legal representation? Should I get a new Ed Psychologist report done? Thanks 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @emmbo76

Welcome to the community! :) 

I am afraid this isn't my area of expertise but I would encourage you to read Scope's advice page on EHCP declines, appeals and SEND tribunal. I hope it helps :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @emmbo76. Thank you for reaching out to us. It might be worth contacting the following:

• Your school and seeing if the SEN(D)CO can join your meeting - if the application is supported by the school
    • IPSEA
    If the application is not supported by the school, it will be particularly important for you to focus on your daughter's needs and how those cannot be met by existing school provision.

If your daughter is seen to have limited needs or needs which can be met within the resources and staffing her school has then an EHCP can, unfortunately, be refused.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any follow-up questions or if there is anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.