Home Inspection — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home Inspection

Options
Robborrow
Robborrow Community member Posts: 1 Listener
England

I have a tenancy inspection tomorrow and I am currently in the throws of a full on mental health crisis (I have bipolar) - including hearing voices. I have been advised by the mental health team to cancel the inspection and rearrange for another day as the presence of this person in my house will be a severe trigger and could make me alot more unwell (home is my 'safe space' during an episode and I don't even let my Mum or my best friend in!) I've been trying to cope with the idea but I just can't do it at the moment. What can I do if they say no? Having this person in my house will almost certainly result in a panic attack or worse.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @robborrow I would take the advice of your mental health team and try to cancel the appointment. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They can't just come into your home without your permission. Just tell them that you're not feeling well and you'll arrange it for another time when you're health is a little more stable.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Robborrow

Welcome to the community! :) I hope you are having a better day today?

I echo what everyone else has said and to rearrange the appointment. Can I ask, is your mental health team supporting you whilst in your current crisis? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.