New. Struggling to secure a job due to a minor Disability. Options ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New. Struggling to secure a job due to a minor Disability. Options ?

Options
idonald65
idonald65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello everyone. Im new yes ! Struggling to find a job as being set aside because of a minor Disability. Im an IT Engineer , with 25yrs of experience & excellent CV. From Chile, moved permanently to UK as of 3 months ago. Are there any resources apart from all known online job boards were I should look for a job for people with Disabilities ? In Chile there is a specific yearly digital  Job Fair for PwD. (Got my last job there while there).

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @idonald65

Welcome to the community! :) 

If you are now living in England or Wales, then I'd encourage you to reach out to Scope's Employment Services for support :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @idonald65. You have done really well in reaching out to us. Is there a particular barrier to employment you are experiencing as a disabled person at the moment?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • idonald65
    idonald65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello . 
    Yes, in my case, I am struggling to make people understand that although I may get particullary stressed when attending a video interview, it really happens only at that initial stage , I am an excellent professional with sound experience and fit for the jobs I have applyed. Being turned down at that initial stages for a reason that has not any relation with the job requirements itself, is not a fair game.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.