If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC50/CHDA Help Please

Options
FloBlo
FloBlo Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone, I am brand new here and also brand new to the benefits system its all very complicated and takes a lot out of you doesn't it. I already receive enhanced PIP we sorted that one out.
My question is, I returned my UC50 form (as I'm trying to apply for LCWRA) recorded delivery and they received it yesterday, well before the 28th Aug which was my cut off date - I have C-PTSD, OCD, Anxiety and Depression, Autism, ADHD, Spinal problems and osteoarthritis. The day after they received it CHDA have phoned me twice (missed as was in an appointment) and I'm very worried. I can't phone them back due to overwhelming  anxiety on the phone in fact I don't know how I'm going to cope if they call again or for an assessment. I sent in 58 documents of medical evidence including big reports from psychology, psychiatry, CMHN, and MRI results for spine etc. But 1 day after is far far too quick for any decision. Can anyone shed any light on why they may be calling me? Please don't just say "phone them back and ask" - I can't even phone my own family I hate the phone. Thanks for any help.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,142 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2023
    Options
    You can email CHDA and ask them what they wanted and they maybe able to tell you. https://chdauk.co.uk/about-us/contact-us/
    Please feel free to email us on  customer-relations@chda.dwp.gov.uk

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There’s multiple reasons why they might of tried to phone you, the most common reason is that they were trying to complete a paper-based assessment just by asking you a few questions. This may still happen without speaking to you but as I say they do sometimes phone to clarify information.

Aside from that reason, no one will be able to tell you. You can wait for a letter explaining more soon (including a decision letter from UC maybe if they decide to assess you on paper evidence only) or phoning even though I know you hate using the phone. I know it’s stressful but they have a duty to treat you with respect.

Good Luck and please do keep us updated.
  • FloBlo
    Options
    I emailed them last night explaining why I missed the calls and that i cant really use the phone so could they please tell the reason via email, just waiting to see if they reply. Thanks for your replies.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Please keep us updated @FloBlo Hopefully they'll be able to do everything via email for you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • FloBlo
    Options
    Update: no reply to my emails, and no further phonecalls. So totally in the dark. Is the no contact a sign of a paper based decision or that imin a waiting list for an appointment? The waiting about it awful especially when they are hardly giving us anything to live on whilst waiting on this decision as until we have this we have no work allowance for my partner etc. We are getting into debt already if they take months and months I don't know how we are going to survive....
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @FloBlo I know it's difficult but phoning might be the only option if they're not replying to your emails, is there someone who could phone on your behalf? 

Keep an eye out on your UC journal too, a decision letter may appear on that if they do assess you by way of paper evidence. If nothing, it's highly likely you will need an assessment.
  • FloBlo
    Options
    Hi bg844 thanks for your reply. I am checking journal daily. Does anyone know roughly how long a paper based one could be? As I assume quicker than if needing an assessment?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,142 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There’s no timescales. Most people have assessments so you should expect one of those. The only exception to this would be if you automatically qualify for LCWRA. 

Paper based assessments aren’t always quicker. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Hello @FloBlo

I'm so sorry to hear you are getting into debt. Scope have an advice page on this that you may find helpful to read.
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • FloBlo
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks again for your help, update I was awarded LCWRA on a paper based decision! I'm so very relieved and happy! 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    That's amazing news @FloBlo I'm so happy for you! :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.