If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration failure twice .

Options
samval66
samval66 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I'm Sam I need some help with the route of appeal for a pip appeal. 
Background is I've applied for pip last year and this year but received the same points on both daily living needs 6 and mobility needs 4  this is on both forms and telephone assessments ( 2nd one was ad hoc) and  both the mandatory reconsiderations so four times the same points. Since my first conditions have gotten worse. I've gone from working but off sick to now being on UC and ESA in both support groups. I have COPD and depression which I provided evidence for them getting worse but I was also diagnosed with PTSD a few years ago but had CBT and am now waiting for a new set of sessions to start again this went in as extra evidence to support my mand recon. to no avail 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,135 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s not unusual for the MR decision to remain the same because only about 27% of decisions change at this stage. 
    Also reapplying again isn’t always the best decision because another refusal could happen.

You can now proceed to Tribunal, which I advise you to do. The work capability assessment for UC and ESA doesn’t automatically entitle you to PIP. 

You can request the Tribunal here https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal
    You just need to give a brief reason why you disagree with the decision. Anything else can be done at a later date.

If you haven’t already given a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you then you should do this for the Tribunal. Include detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • samval66
    samval66 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Can I use the unchanged points as a partial support for my request? I included a real world event that I couldn't attend and also mentioned about my fear of shouting even if it's not at me as this is how my PTSD sets off. This was stated in my telephone assessment report this time but still no luck.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,135 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You only need to state where you think you should have scored those points. If you’re happy with the points you’ve already scored you don’t need to mention those.

Including one real event isn’t enough. You need to include at least 2 for every descriptor that applies to you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.