Compliance letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance letter

Options
DancingGaye007
DancingGaye007 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I’ve got a letter from DWP which has my wrong address on it and area and their office that is listed on. It is different to the one they’ve got on the DWP website of listed postal return offices for the job centres. The one for my area is not the one that’s on the letter The phone number I’m trying to call is always engaged. Does anybody know oh 800 DWP number that I can get in touch with because the one they’ve given on this letter is 0300, and it’s been engaged all day Saturday trying to get through to check it’s correct. 
I had a problem before and the citizens advice bureau did it for me and it was a bogus letter so I’m just wondering if someone’s got my details of the Internet because it’s an address that doesn’t make sense to me? Anybody else had this kind of bogus letter or how did they check it out?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All numbers for DWP departments now start with 0800. One thing i'm confused about is if the letter has your wrong address on it then how did you get the letter?

As this is a complience letter then the number on the letter will be for the compliance team and i believe based on other threads here that the number does start with 0300.

They do sometimes do compliance checks at random to check that your benefits are correct. Try ringing the number on the letter on Tuesday as you may have more success getting through on a working day, rather than a weekend on bank holiday, which it is tomorrow.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DancingGaye007
    Options
    Because it’s the neighbour’s main address so not mine - it’s a conversion of purpose-built flats but on different floors
    - it doesn’t have my flat number on it, whereas all my other benefit letters do. 
    It’s a bank holiday here, so I will write to citizens advice bureau because they sorted it out last time 

I can’t find the number on the Google search that’s why and the postcode doesn’t make sense that the letter came from. 
    So citizen’s advice can check it out for me to make sure it’s official

thx 
  • DancingGaye007
    Options

I’m dyslexic with dyscalculia, so I don’t read stuff online at well, so I have to get someone else to do it for me and CAB Advice are usually quite good

I use speech recognition - so chat forums are really hard work for me because the screen is too small and I can’t see the letters as it’s all blurred and grey
    So I usually get extra time anyway

i’ll have to print off all my bank statements from my mobile phone, which will take me awhile and costs a fortune as I don’t have a printer 

I’ve got a lot going on at the moment so too much stress - as I was told to pay for my health care for an injury privately - so I’m challenging that with the member of Parliament - she’s the one who said it!! 

I’ve got a lot of problems with the NHS as they’ve done nothing to help me at all and told me to go privately too, but I don’t get that kind of money on my benefits - my brother is helping me out from USA - I’m really worried DWP will penalise me because he’s helping me out with paying for it all

an MRI scan is £850 privately and the initial consultation is £350 and then the reading of the report is £250

Then subsequent treatment depending what it is could be rehabilitation, which I’ve been quoted £700 for five sessions and I’ve already paid £490 for Physiotherapy and £680 respectively

I’ve also had five or six different Foot therapy sessions from Podiatrists because the NHS don’t pay for that anymore - - three times the amount they used to be because they’re cashing in on people not being able to get on the NHS. I just think it’s terrible if you have a disabling health condition, you are expected to pay for it, even though you were born with it - or acquired it along the way in life.

It’s very distressing to say the least

I wouldn’t be able to afford to live if I have to pay for my health care the way I have lately

I’ve told the MP that

I actually would seriously consider asking for euthanasia if I had to live in so much pain without Physiotherapy - I can’t do it

The hospital and the MP told me I had to pay privately for the Physiotherapy and my dentistry. That’s what they said.

I’m challenging that and also the way that I’ve been not treated safely or properly through the NHS via my solicitor so it’s serious

And now I’ve got the DWP on my back - that’s another thing to deal with and it’s too much for one person to do and they know that and that’s why they do it

nuff said :/

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.