ESA PIP AND CAN I GET SDP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA PIP AND CAN I GET SDP

Options
2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey - that's what we're here for to listen most importantly, & you're certainly not putting too much on us. You have been through so much, & whilst I freely acknowledge I can only have an inkling of what you've been through, I do understand just a very little.
    My last GP was lovely, & acknowledged the pain I was in even when he couldn't work out what exactly I had. I was similarly put on increasing amounts of fentanyl patches, & rather than changing them every 3 days, told to put a patch on each arm, then change one daily. I refused in the end to have the dosage increased as they became so sedating & I began to have drenching sweats at least 3 times a day so bad I had to change my clothing each time. This went on for years.
    Whilst I would never recommend anyone to do this without the help of their GP, due to my paramedical background (I'm a long-retired physio in case you're wondering), I incredibly slowly weaned myself of these patches.
    I think GPs obviously did what they thought best in the past, but we are learning all the time that chronic pain can be managed in better ways, & sometimes without such strong meds. I can only suggest that you persist in trying to get a GP's help, even tho that's difficult for you. You are not a prescription drug addict, but you can rather become dependent upon them. You need to find a GP you feel comfortable with & see what they may suggest.
    I fractured my hip 7 years ago & was offered oromorph in hospital; I only accepted twice due to not really wanting to take that again either. You must sadly have been through an awful time with your hip replacement. How are you doing now as far as that goes?
    You take care too Dean, & take onboard poppy's advice about claiming SDP.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.