Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Shan19860081!

Options
Shan19860081
Shan19860081 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Wondering if I could get some help so I first made my claim for Pip February 2023 got the.form filled it out they recieved it on 8th March  25th April I missed the phonecall due to my phone blocking the number 15th June I had a video call thought everything went okay I was so anxious I rang pip up on the 5thJuly for a copy of the report (I scored 0 points ) utterly devastated once I recieved them a week later I recieved the letter from DWP saying they won't be awarding me nothing....on the 25th July I rung pip back up and asked for a Reconsideration when speaking to the lovely man on the phone he stated that they made a decision without my evidence from GP ect then didn't hear anything until I recieved a text from PIP Saying a telephone consultation has been booked on the 8th September? Does this mean I have to go through all this again ? It's really making me ill and my depression worse I'm anxious all the time and feel like I'm going to fail again .

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Shan19860081 - & welcome to the community. This may not be what you're experiencing, but I had an assessment (which I didn't think was great), then got a phone call lasting approx. 15 mins a few days later where a few questions were asked, then the following week got a letter saying I had to have another PIP assessment. I did query this, & was told another assessment was needed. This sometimes happens when an assessment is audited, where they're just checking on the quality of the assessment itself; this is possibly what has happened. Other than the stress involved, this has happened to a few other members, so hope you can manage, tho note:
    - this may not be the case, so ring again to check if you need another assessment (take this as a being a positive as your decision letter wasn't as you hoped)
    - for future reference, & hoping it's not needed, I wouldn't ring to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration, as this would be best put in writing
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.