LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWCRA

Options
Mattzed
Mattzed Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Sorry for the long post.
Hey all so I was awarded LWCRA 5 years ago, I recently had an re-assessment and only got LWC. I am now extremely anxious as, the last twice I have lost my pip also for it to be reinstated once at MR stage the other before it got to the tribunal after several months. I'm due for yet another PIP assessment in the next few months then uncertainty is really making me worry and think the worse. I know I can't control the outcomes I received but am I doing something wrong? As a few years ago I was also refused ESA support group for it to be reinstated, mine disabilities are mostly mental health. I just feel like untill I have my pip review, I'm going to make self worse as I can't help but thing about the what ifs, like what will I do if I lose my pip also I will hardly get enough money to live in and getting a job I have tried and places aren't able to accommodate my needs, I even applied to do an course where the job centre would enable me to improve my chances to get back into work etc and was refused as they felt my needs where too high and others would benefit better. I feel if I can prepare for the what ifs I will be mentally better off, maybe even try preparing to get back into work I just don't know where to start any advice would gratefully appreciated. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can request the MR for the WCA assessment decision, if you disagree. When you filled out the form did you give as much information as possible, including a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each activity that applies to you?

There's more than a 50% chance of the decision changing at MR stage and that's quite high. You can request this on your journal, if you haven't already. You will need to state why you think you should have been found to have LCWRA and which descriptor you think applies to you. You can see them here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

For your PIP review then you need to make sure you treat it as a new claim, even if there's been no changes to your health conditions. Please do not just write "no change"

Include a couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. Use extra sheets of paper for this because usually there's never enough of space on those forms.

There's long delays too for PIP review decisions so you could be waiting quite sometime before you have a decision.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mattzed
    Options
    Thanks I have asked for MR, I also get support to fill forms out, I give examples each time and even have reports of support of the mental health team. The right decision is made in the end, I'm just feelibg extra anixous because losing one lot of money is just about manageable but if I were to lose pip I would have lost most of my money and it would be impossible to live off, obviously I can't predict what will happen for some reason I find I get refused for it to be given to me at a later date, which is all good and well but losing to much at once puts you in a position that is unmanagable, I like to be prepared so trying to give myself a head start if my MR is refused and then pip removed also. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Mattzed I am keeping everything crossed for you! I'm so sorry it's been so stressful for you. I hope the community can be a place of support for you. Even if it's just to keep your mind off things for a while :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Mattzed
    Options
    Just thought I would update turns out it was a mistake, on the system it was LWCRA and on letter was different DWP was very fast acting and dealt with it quickly and informed me was the wrong decision on letter and new one appeared on my journal with LWCRA, received my payment as usual too. Sorry didn't give the update sooner I was spending time with my father who passed away 5 days ago thank you to everyone for their support.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.