Some thing cheap, but filling and tastes so good. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Some thing cheap, but filling and tastes so good.

Options
onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 751 Pioneering
I just wanted to say like most here and in general that run a family or just with a partner, do you find that its boaring to just say what do you want to eat tonight (or in the day)  Oh I don't know what do you want?  Pie and Chips?  No I'm fed up of chips lets have something different?
  So try this it takes about 1/2 to cook and is filling so I would recomend 1 per person unless you make 1 spare between two to cut in half.
So here it is:

Buy:  2 Peppers (plus 1 for sharing) ( or two each small to medium )
Red, Green or Yellow.  ( I like the green)
400g Mince meat.
1 Packet of Passander or Tube of Tomato paste.
Optional Tin of chopped Tomatoes.
Fine diced medium onion.
Hand full of mushrooms ( diced and optinal if you like mushrooms)
Linguinie ( again pre-cooked takes about 3 minutes)
Cheese to taste.

Cut off the tops and de-seed remember to cut top so you can put the top back on when filled.
  Brown off mince meat till almost done and add Onions and Mushroom cook slowly till onions change colour.
  Add tomato sauce and simmer.

the water can be boiled while prepping food.  

Put on Water, salt to taste.  Once boiuled switch off
  Now comes the best bit pit it all together.

When you try to fill the peppers they wont stand up.  ( a little trick, Cup cake tray put the base in their.)
  Take off top half fill with mix add cheese, continue to fill and add cheese till its full.
Put on top and do the same with the next till all done.
  Keep spare sauce for later.

Once done in the oven at say 6 for about 1/2 hour after about 15 mins take out and turn round.  Repeat untill it startes to char the top.
  Remove, drop in pasta.  To get out of tray, put falk under the pepper and with tongs gently not to squeeze lift with the fork onto a plate.
  Place the pasta around the base and add any sauce left and sprinkle more cheese over the top and serve, AGAIN OPTIONAL GARLIC BREAD.
  Enjoy, little things like pepper, salt Mixed herbs are all to your own taste and also Garlic granuels in mince when cooking all to taste.
  I don't know about the peppers but I was stuffed.
  I has a little ready made mash with extra butter, and some peas as that's the way I like it.
  Do you have a special something you like?

Comments

• C_J
    C_J Community member Posts: 715 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @onebigvoice that sounds nice thanks for posting.
  • onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 751 Pioneering
    Options
    Can you make the exact amount of Pasta for the number of people you want to serve?
      What do you do with the extra, ( as there is always some)
    Serve what you want and with the left over pasta, run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
    Drain and put in a dish or sealed container for the next day or mor as once its frozen its O K for about two weeks.

Next day use, just chill it not freeze it.
    Put on a saucepan water and heat with a little salt, ( remember its alread cooked)
      Once boiled drop in the spagetti for about 3 minutes just to warm it through.
    High sided frying pan, a knob of butter or oil (to taste) 
    Drain spagetti and and just cool under water for about 30 seconds.
    Back into a sauspan and add 3 eggs, and lightly fold into the spagetti.
    Add 1 tin Garden or processes peas, fold them in slowly no need to mix hard.
    Into a frying pan another knob of butter and gently melt add a hand full of red or white onions and gently fry to just change their colour, and if its not to hot add that to the spagetti.
     Empty the whole thing into the frying pan on a low heat just mix gentle for a few seconds and cook on a low heat like an omlette.
      Loosen with a spatula place a plate over the frying pan and turn up side downonto the plate.
    Slide the Spagetti back into the frying pan and cook the other side.
      Try this way first and when you become a dab hand at cooking it add cheese to it befor the first fry and may be sprinkle a little befor you turn.
      What you have is called Spagetti pie.
    OR,  Spagetti Omlette.  4 Slices of Butter bread, slice into 4 pieces before you serve  Place a Slice of bread and a slice of Spagetti make a sandwich, repeat 4 times and hope you lot are hungry as this is great food use on a plate..
      ENJOY.  Let me know if you try it and if you had any problems?  You can add some herbs to taste or Pepper, Garlic Granules even Chilli Oil if you like it hotter.
      Kids love this when out and about including Pasta Bake PIE.
      Cooking time 20 minutes plus a cup of tea.  
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,379 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sounds delicious, I'd definitely be adding some chilli oil to mine. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.